A Bit Of A Ticking Sound From The Engine

rswansbro

I have recently purchased a 2004 RX330 that I absolutely love! This is my second RX as my wife has a 2001 RX300. I noticed a bit of a ticking noise while idling Maybe it is a lifter, maybe not. Any thoughts on how I can redolve this small annoyance?

I have recently purchased a 2004 RX330 that I absolutely love! This is my second RX as my wife has a 2001 RX300. I noticed a bit of a ticking noise while idling Maybe it is a lifter, maybe not. Any thoughts on how I can redolve this small annoyance?

We have had our '04 RX since Apr '03, and have had the ticking noise since then. I reported it a couple times under warranty and was told it is normal and it was not lifters or anything else that was a problem. My wife drives it most of the time, but I think the ticking noise diminishes as the engine gets fully warmed.

I wouldn't worry about it.

It is an excellent vehicle and very well built with high quality materials.

• 4 months later...

We have had our '04 RX since Apr '03, and have had the ticking noise since then. I reported it a couple times under warranty and was told it is normal and it was not lifters or anything else that was a problem. My wife drives it most of the time, but I think the ticking noise diminishes as the engine gets fully warmed.

I wouldn't worry about it.

It is an excellent vehicle and very well built with high quality materials.

I acutally looked into this. Thought it was the valves and they just needed adjustement. Dealership said it is a well known issue from Lexus, and that it isn't the valves, in fact it is the fuel injectors and the rails. Apparently there is an upgrade kit out there to resolve this, but Lexus of course is charging a significant of money. Price wise i cannot remember how much anymore. But basically, its normal and live it is what they said...unless you want to shell out some money for the ugrade kit.

I acutally looked into this. Thought it was the valves and they just needed adjustement. Dealership said it is a well known issue from Lexus, and that it isn't the valves, in fact it is the fuel injectors and the rails. Apparently there is an upgrade kit out there to resolve this, but Lexus of course is charging a significant of money. Price wise i cannot remember how much anymore. But basically, its normal and live it is what they said...unless you want to shell out some money for the ugrade kit.

For your reading enjoyment, here is the TSB for the injector issue.

Cheers

Sorry, here is the link. Can't figure out how to delete the first post.

For your reading enjoyment, here is the applicable TSB for the injector issue.

Cheers.

FUEL INJECTOR “TICKING” NOISE -- EG005-05 Revised.pdf