Es300 Cranking Problem

Hey All,

I have a 1993 ES300. It has roughly 220k miles on it. Very nice car to say the least. I've been experiencing problems with the engine with it not firing off. Once I put the key in the ignition, I try to crank it but it sounds like belts running together and doens't start. The pistons move, but there isn't a sufficent spark to ignite the cylinders. What should I do?

Engine: 6 cyl. 3VZ-FE

Trans: 5 Speed Manual

Best Regards,

Jake

Hey All,

I have a 1993 ES300. It has roughly 220k miles on it. Very nice car to say the least. I've been experiencing problems with the engine with it not firing off. Once I put the key in the ignition, I try to crank it but it sounds like belts running together and doens't start. The pistons move, but there isn't a sufficent spark to ignite the cylinders. What should I do?

Best Regards,

Jake

Jake or Juliet: Sounds like you know the problem. Not enough juice to start the engine. If you have a slow cranking situation you might start with a new battery.

Hey All,

Best Regards,

Jake

Not sure what "like belts running together" means but if you're cranking slowly as 1951 describes, then try starting with another fully charged batt that's known to be good. If it starts, then you'll have to check the charging system to determine the prob.