Day Time Lights Dont Turn On

ravig292

2000 Ls400

the daytime lights dont switch on on auto or on the regular position for drls. they turn on when i high beam but not on regular.

are the bulbs bad?

The DRL and the high beams use the same bulbs so it sounds like the bulbs are fine.

Have the DRL ever worked? If not, maybe a previous owner cut some wires. One place where some owners cut wires to turn DRL off on a 98-00 LS400 is at the DRL relay under the dash -- I think the relay on the passenger side.

Do the low beam headlights come on automatically when it gets dark when the headlight switch is in the "Auto" position? If so, that means that the light sensor on the left side on top of the dash is OK.

2000 Ls400

the daytime lights dont switch on on auto or on the regular position for drls. they turn on when i high beam but not on regular.

are the bulbs bad?

The DRL and the high beams use the same bulbs so it sounds like the bulbs are fine.

Have the DRL ever worked? If not, maybe a previous owner cut some wires. One place where some owners cut wires to turn DRL off on a 98-00 LS400 is at the DRL relay under the dash -- I think the relay on the passenger side.

Do the low beam headlights come on automatically when it gets dark when the headlight switch is in the "Auto" position? If so, that means that the light sensor on the left side on top of the dash is OK.

i figured it out

i just put it in drive and then turned the switch from auto to off and back to auto.

i figured it out

i just put it in drive and then turned the switch from auto to off and back to auto.

You should not have to turn the headlight switch to "Off" and then back to "Auto" to get the DRL to work. I think the confusing part is that the DRL comes on only after the parking brake is released -- attached is the relevent page from my 00 LS owners manual with the info on DRL hightlighted in blue.

post-2157-1261927037_thumb.png