Power Steering Problem Please Help

racwld1

i just had a new power steering pump installed on my 95 sc400, it still makes noise like a pump does when it is low of fluid, was something done wrong? i need help i can't figure it out, thanks.

Are you sure its not the water pump? Some times the whining sound from the steering pump and water pump can sound the same.

i just had a new power steering pump installed on my 95 sc400, it still makes noise like a pump does when it is low of fluid, was something done wrong? i need help i can't figure it out, thanks.

Make sure the shop put in ATF fluiud and not PS fluid. If you're sure it's the pump, you could have air in the system. Don't have the links in front of me. Easy enough to find. Just search for the threads (more than one) and read up on how to get rid of the air. Basically putting the car on jacks and turning the steering wheel lock to lock 20 to 40 times (with the engine running of course), taking her out for a few hours and repeating if necessary over the course of several days. If this is not your prob, then the pump replacement is suspect.

I had the same problem. It turned out that my orginal pump did need replacing, but after i replaced it i still had that noise. I got out my trusty old mechanics stethoscope and found my alternator (bearings) to be bad.

post-106115-1261842243_thumb.jpg