Re-designed 2010 Es350- I Like It!

cduluk

Hey guys!

I just found out today (yeah, where have i been??) that Lexus has made some changes to the 07-09 ES350 for 2010. I really like what they've done to it!

Nothing too drastic, just some subtle modifications and tweaks which i think give the ES a more luxurious feel.

Starting with the interior. I remember when the 07 ES350 first came out, i thought the interior lacked that "luxurious" feel, it just looked BLAH to me...

Here's the 07-09 ES350 interior:

oldh.jpg

And here's the 2010 Es350 interior:

new480x317.jpg

They've replaced the dull gray color of the center console with more of a "silver" shade, which really makes it stand out better. They've also replaced the dark gray steering wheel controls with a silver plate with nice chrome trim, which REALLY makes it look cool. They've added more wood to the center console under the nav screen with the gold "LEXUS" embossed under the clear, another nice subtle addition. Added a wood and chrome strip above the glovebox, and chrome trim around the AC vents and center controls. The gauge cluster is still the non-optitron type (without the tinted face for that sharp white/black look) but still elegant...

It's these little additions that really make the difference in a Lexus' interior. I thought the previous years interior was lacking the luxurious feel, but i think the 2010 additions are a great improvement.

And for the exterior, the front-end received a little "face lift" to make the stance a little more aggressive. And the rear taillights were modified a bit with sharper lines for that more exotic look. They've also added the little shark-fin antenna on the roof which really gives it that modern sport-look.

Here's the 07-09 ES350:

oldfront.jpg

oldrear.jpg

And here's the 2010 Es350:

frontgb.jpg

rear500x333.jpg

I really like these improvements for the 2010 ES :D I still don't think the quality of interior materials is where it should be, but it for sure looks nice!

I also believe the Nav system is upgraded - new look, new maps, etc. Do any of you know if that is true? Also, do you know if you can get this upgrade for a 07-09 ES? Thanks in advance for your response!

The '10 has a new hard disc drive navigation system with improved Voice Command and graphics and XM traffic and weather.

I don't care for the new dash look, at all.

I really don't like all the chrome-looking trim.

I don't want my dash to "stand out"

I think it looks more plastic that way.

It's what really drove me away from the Toyota Camry Hybrid in 2007.

I couldn't stand that chrome-greenish look.

The dash look for '10 is whats going to drive me away from purchasing a new ES350 on my next car.

I do like the wood trim below the glove box though.

As for the exterior, I dont think they've done anything notable.

I mean, it's been 3 years, for God's sake.

Quit trying to keep up with the others. Start being a leader, for a change.

When I bought my '07 ES350, its what I liked the best, of what was available.

If I was in the market today, I'd go elsewhere.

I have driven a loaner RX and they have made great strides on the new model.

I may have to go that route next purchase.

My service is awesome, but the design guys gotta earn their pay better.

I don't care for the new dash look, at all.

I really don't like all the chrome-looking trim.

I don't want my dash to "stand out"

I think it looks more plastic that way.

It's what really drove me away from the Toyota Camry Hybrid in 2007.

I couldn't stand that chrome-greenish look.

The dash look for '10 is whats going to drive me away from purchasing a new ES350 on my next car.

I do like the wood trim below the glove box though.

As for the exterior, I dont think they've done anything notable.

I mean, it's been 3 years, for God's sake.

Quit trying to keep up with the others. Start being a leader, for a change.

When I bought my '07 ES350, its what I liked the best, of what was available.

If I was in the market today, I'd go elsewhere.

I have driven a loaner RX and they have made great strides on the new model.

I may have to go that route next purchase.

My service is awesome, but the design guys gotta earn their pay better.

Pretty sure their ES is the best selling sedan... The ES is the perfect fit for the people in that market.

I just looked at a '10 on my dealer's lot and it had the ML sound system....

Are you sure it was a '10?

My local dealer is telling me it is not available this year and I couldn't find it on the Lexus web site as an option like I can for the LS series.

The ML sound system is available in Canada but only on the Ultra Premium package with navigation. In other words the top model. The models and packages do differ between Canada and the States.

I am positive it was a 2010. It was $43+K - the most expensive one I can build online is just over $40k. It was clearly an Ultra Luxury, but it was definitely a 2010.

Someone else chime in here - I'm not crazy, right? <_<

I am positive it was a 2010. It was $43+K - the most expensive one I can build online is just over $40k. It was clearly an Ultra Luxury, but it was definitely a 2010.

$43k for an ES???

Yikes :rolleyes:

$43k for an ES???

Yikes :rolleyes:

way too much for a es, I think the es is a great car, but what can i get used for 43 or less? ls, gs, I could get two older es cars for that. my 04 es with 69000 still runs and looks great.

Tim

Although I am warming up to the '10 - I saw a Starfire driving around with a couple blue-hairs yesterday and the only word that came to mind was "busy." With the more ornate taillights, the chrome on the side mirrors, the chrome at the bottom of the doors, the chrome fog lights.... (at least on the Starfire, which is a must for me) it just looked too busy.

$43k didn’t seem all that insane to me after sitting in a comparable 5-series that was about $60k.

The ML is still available, but like before only in the UL version.

The UL ES350 is $43k, but you get a lot for that $43k, panoramic roof, semi-analine leather, ML audio, etc. The UL is going to be basically special order only now so a loaded ES350 will be about $40k, which is a steal considering my ES300 was $40k in 2003...the ES350 is a LOT of car for 40k.

That said, there is a lot of really awesome competition out there. The new Acura TL is an incredible car with a very modern, well built, and tech-y interior, although the exterior is a little bit...polarizing. The Hyundai Genesis is also an incredible car for the money. For $40k you get RWD, a V8, and pretty much every tech gadget available in a car that is...dare I say...better built and with better quality materials than the ES.

I'm always kinda in the market as you know...but I think I would have to seriously consider the TL or the Genesis before I bought a new ES350 today...

Actually the new TL is selling well and you see them pretty often around here.

At first my reaction was hideous...but seeing them around its growing on me. I like the front more than the rear. Its got a great interior and drives well.