Homelink Does Not Open Garage Door- 2009 Is250

I've followed the owners manual very carefully, but cannot get the himelink button on the mirror in my IS250,

to operate the garage door opener.

The manual refers to pressing a "training button" on the garage door motor unit, but there are no buttons.

I've removed the cover and looked on the circuit boards- there are no buttons.

I have a Genie Intellicode garage door opener.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a tech support number at Lexus I can call for help?

Thanks

Here is a link to owners manuals for Genie openers: http://www.geniecompany.com/GenieCompany.aspx?cid=322

Everything I'm reading says that Genie Intellicode garage door openers have a button on the motor housing. The "learn" button on some garage door openers (I've installed a lot of them) are not obvious -- I've seen some that look like a little diode and not like a button at all.

You might need to clear the Homelink in your Lexus before starting -- instructions should be in your IS250 owners manual.

Timing is everything when programming these things -- I've programmed a number of garage door opener remotes including ones built in to cars, including my Lexus, and it sometimes takes me a couple of tries to get it work.

I have a Genie Excellerator--it definitely has a learn button. It's at the rear of the unit, facing the floor (I'm able to press it without a step stool using a screw driver)--I have to pull off the light cover to access it. Mine actually has a couple of controls right there. If it's called "Intellicode" then it sounds like it has rolling codes (unlike old units). If it has rolling codes, it must have a learn button.

It took me a while to get the programming to work. I ended up having to put fresh batteries in the Genie remote--then it worked immediately.

Have you seen this site:

http://www.geniedoor.com/homelink-garage-d...ner-programming

Go to the Learn Button on your garage door opener. The button is usually next to the area where the floppy antenna is connected to the motor head. With Genie it is most often behind the light lens, and an indicator light flashes red when pressed.

Here is a link to owners manuals for Genie openers: http://www.geniecompany.com/GenieCompany.aspx?cid=322

Everything I'm reading says that Genie Intellicode garage door openers have a button on the motor housing. The "learn" button on some garage door openers (I've installed a lot of them) are not obvious -- I've seen some that look like a little diode and not like a button at all.

You might need to clear the Homelink in your Lexus before starting -- instructions should be in your IS250 owners manual.

Timing is everything when programming these things -- I've programmed a number of garage door opener remotes including ones built in to cars, including my Lexus, and it sometimes takes me a couple of tries to get it work.

Thanks. I've finally got around to re-programming my Homelink todya.

These instructions worked great. I could finally see the "learn button" straing me in the face, which wasn't there the first time I looked ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. I've finally got around to re-programming my Homelink todya.

These instructions worked great. I could finally see the "learn button" straing me in the face, which wasn't there the first time I looked ;-)

Glad you found it. I was going to add that the learning button on my Genie looked nothing like they described in the instructions. In fact, didn't even really look like a button. Took me a while to find it too :)