Seat Motor Fuse . ?

lexs400

90 LS, wanted to know if there's a fuse I can pull to disable the motor for the driver's seat to run. or maybe if there's a wire connector within easy reach that I can simply pull to disable the seat motor from running... ? I want the rest of the car electronics to be intact. just want to keep the seat from being adjusted.

thanks.

Hi,

According to the book there is no fuse specific to the power seats just a circuit breaker # 31 in the drivers side fuse panel but this also supplies the theft deterent system and fuel flap opening system.

I would guess that if you remove the panel at the side of the seat with the switches on then pull off the connectors from the switches this would prevent adjustment.

Hi,

According to the book there is no fuse specific to the power seats just a circuit breaker # 31 in the drivers side fuse panel but this also supplies the theft deterent system and fuel flap opening system.

I would guess that if you remove the panel at the side of the seat with the switches on then pull off the connectors from the switches this would prevent adjustment.

is that fuse 31 or a relay /circuit breaker ? I have to give the car in for some repairs and the seat settings are always tampered with whenever i leave the car at the mechanics....

Hi,

is that fuse 31 or a relay /circuit breaker ? I have to give the car in for some repairs and the seat settings are always tampered with whenever i leave the car at the mechanics....

People of various sizes and shapes such (e.g. porters, mechanics. clean up crew) may have to drive your car when you take it to a repair shop.

Disabling your seat adjustments could make your car difficult, impossible or even dangerous for others to drive. If I were to make the drivers seat of our LS400 fixed in place for my wife, our mechanic Fred wouldn't begin to fit behind the wheel to test drive the car on the highway like he sometimes has to do -- he's too tall and has had too many burgers!

Can't you just readjust your seat instead of taking the "nuclear" approach?

Hi,

People of various sizes and shapes such (e.g. porters, mechanics. clean up crew) may have to drive your car when you take it to a repair shop.

Disabling your seat adjustments could make your car difficult, impossible or even dangerous for others to drive. If I were to make the drivers seat of our LS400 fixed in place for my wife, our mechanic Fred wouldn't begin to fit behind the wheel to test drive the car on the highway like he sometimes has to do -- he's too tall and has had too many burgers!

Can't you just readjust your seat instead of taking the "nuclear" approach?

i would but the rear or the seat has that infamous problem where one side tilts and the other doesn't. takes literally days to manually operate the back to where it should be once someone simply tries to adjusts and screws it so that the back is all skewed. There's a reason to the madness lolz :)

i would but the rear or the seat has that infamous problem where one side tilts and the other doesn't. takes literally days to manually operate the back to where it should be once someone simply tries to adjusts and screws it so that the back is all skewed. There's a reason to the madness lolz :)

Here is a thread that has a couple of links to other threads on fixing the twisted seat back: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...&hl=twisted

Like I said in one of the threads, it must be an easy fix since an indie repair shop fixed the twisted seat back on the 90 LS I used to have and they didn't charge me much.