99 Lexus Gs300 Loud Creaking Noise

I have a 1999 gs300, when i turn the steering wheel slowly it makes a loud creaking sound coming from the front drivers side. This doesnt happen all the time but it usually happens at low speeds and when its not moving, it does not happen when it is on a jack. I think its the lower ball joint after i did the research but i dont want to buy the part if im wrong.does anyone know what it is?

It feels like its cominng from this but cant pinpoint it

lexusgs300suspensionrevised.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1999 gs300, when i turn the steering wheel slowly it makes a loud creaking sound coming from the front drivers side. This doesnt happen all the time but it usually happens at low speeds and when its not moving, it does not happen when it is on a jack. I think its the lower ball joint after i did the research but i dont want to buy the part if im wrong.does anyone know what it is?

It feels like its cominng from this but cant pinpoint it

lexusgs300suspensionrevised.jpg

Lower ball joints are a weak point, particularly the factory originals, with failures reported as early as 60K. If it is making the noise when turning the wheel, and doesn't do it when there is no pressure on the suspension, sounds like your diagnosis may be correct. Good luck.

My wife's 99GS300 made a clunking noise around 118K. I drove it up and down the driveway entry to work the suspension on the road curb. I was able to hear the thumping she explained on the passenger side. I didn't have time, at that time, to work the issue so she took it in and they replaced both lower arms and lower ball joints. They told her it was really loose and dangerous. I never saw the parts or went in to check it out.

I don't remember hearing this issue describbed above related to turning the wheel while in the garage, but could be wrong.

Not sure if this helps, but its another experience.

d

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

I have a 1999 gs300, when i turn the steering wheel slowly it makes a loud creaking sound coming from the front drivers side. This doesnt happen all the time but it usually happens at low speeds and when its not moving, it does not happen when it is on a jack. I think its the lower ball joint after i did the research but i dont want to buy the part if im wrong.does anyone know what it is?It feels like its cominng from this but cant pinpoint itlexusgs300suspensionrevised.jpg

Can I ask you if you were able to resolve the suspension noise problem? If so what was it?