2010 Lexus Es350 Side Mirrors - Tilt Down Feature Does Not Work!

2010STAR350

Today morning, when I put my car in reverse, my mirrors did not tilt down. My car has only 350miles and I am already experiencing a problem. Is this a common problem for ES?

Make sure the switch for the power mirrors is not in the middle position.

Yep AWLVS (an what LV... said)

the controller for the manual movement of both exterior mirrors needs to be in the left or right position for them to tilt down--- Sometimes u wont want the tilt so i like this feature to be an easy off on switch like so...

cheers

Today morning, when I put my car in reverse, my mirrors did not tilt down. My car has only 350miles and I am already experiencing a problem. Is this a common problem for ES?

Make sure the switch for the power mirrors is not in the middle position.

Like others have posted,it's probably the switch for the power mirrors is not in the middle position.

I have read on other Lexus forums that after time some mirrors had a tilt down problem in older models.

It was said a plastic gear in the mirror wears causing the problem on some vehicles.I was hoping Lexus changed to a metal gear in newer models because of the problem.

On my ES,I don't keep the switch in the middle position.I use the feature unless the need arises.One less thing to go wrong.

The wife likes the feature on the RX and I keep the mirrors tilting.

• 1 month later...
Like others have posted,it's probably the switch for the power mirrors is not in the middle position.

I have read on other Lexus forums that after time some mirrors had a tilt down problem in older models.

It was said a plastic gear in the mirror wears causing the problem on some vehicles.I was hoping Lexus changed to a metal gear in newer models because of the problem.

On my ES,I don't keep the switch in the middle position.I use the feature unless the need arises.One less thing to go wrong.

The wife likes the feature on the RX and I keep the mirrors tilting.

Hmm...I thought it tilts only if the mirror switch is set to the LEFT. Middle position is the off position.

• 7 years later...