Thinking Of Possibly Swapping My Sc

mushroom09

Hi there,

I've been a member of these forums for a while, but I've never had a need to post anything before. I love this site for the forgiving community and the valuable information. I have a 1997 SC300 auto with about 137k on it, and I've recently been wanting a car with a manual tranny. I've been looking around for something RWD and manual, and I've come to the conclusion that it might be more cost effective for me to try to do a swap and keep my SC as opposed to trying to switch cars. Since I live in the DFW area, there is a shop near here that has jdm 1jz's and 2jz's with manual tranny's, and there are also some more I'm looking at on ebay, and I could probably get the whole deal for about $2500. My question is what y'all think realistically the labor would cost for the swap itself assuming I could get all the parts. I understand that this is a pretty nebulous topic and that I haven't been very specific, but if I could get a ballpark idea I think it would help a lot.

Thanks,

Mushroom09

Hi there,

I've been a member of these forums for a while, but I've never had a need to post anything before. I love this site for the forgiving community and the valuable information. I have a 1997 SC300 auto with about 137k on it, and I've recently been wanting a car with a manual tranny. I've been looking around for something RWD and manual, and I've come to the conclusion that it might be more cost effective for me to try to do a swap and keep my SC as opposed to trying to switch cars. Since I live in the DFW area, there is a shop near here that has jdm 1jz's and 2jz's with manual tranny's, and there are also some more I'm looking at on ebay, and I could probably get the whole deal for about $2500. My question is what y'all think realistically the labor would cost for the swap itself assuming I could get all the parts. I understand that this is a pretty nebulous topic and that I haven't been very specific, but if I could get a ballpark idea I think it would help a lot.

Thanks,

Mushroom09

$1000-$1500 in labor

post-106115-1261685079_thumb.jpg