For Those Of You Who Got Bad Lcd In Climate Contro

VMF

Well, that's bound to happen when people who are interested get told about it!

The guy has multiple auctions up, and will probably keep on selling until the market is saturated, at which time the price may be down in the $20-30 range. I think it's safe to let the first rounds go by and see how the customers like the replacement.

Still, it's alot cheaper than Jim Walker's $150 knock-off. I'll be watching. If it doesn't go too high, I'll buy one and re-replace the LCD.

Anyone want to buy a slightly-used Jim Walker LCD cheap?

Joe

yeah , just add a seller to your ebay favourites or we can contact the seller regarging a group buy. some of us with marketing skills like Todd for example can talk him to get a good deal

This is a big hit to Jim. Initially, Mikado was making tons of money from their product. $300 and then Jim come up with $160. Lots of people buying from Jim and now the counter from Mikado is $100. I carry Jim's product and I have not experience with Mikado's. My brother is a Electronic Tech and he stated the cost for the LCD is about $10-15 USD. However, we are paying jim for his R&D and hard work. Even at $160, it still a great deal. Replace once and it will last at less 10-15 years.

For price wise, the Mikado is cheaper, to quality wise, i would stick with Jim. Its a proven product. The price war is on. Would this affect me? No not really, i sell most to local shops and they love it.

There are pictures posted of Jim's part.

I haven't seen anyone post a picture of the Mikado part, but more than one person has stated that it looks like the original.

Joe

mejojo:

If you want, i can post some pictures of my Mikado product, but is there a point you're making with it. If so, here's a picture. It looks better when the lights are on.

Im000298a.sized.jpg

THis is how I see it. JIm sell a good priced rebuild, and Mikado sells a more expensive rebuild. The dealers also sell the most expensive rebuild.

According to another member on this forum, Jim's a little backed up with his work, and Mikado isn't, but you're paying a little more for it. It's just a matter of pricing and patience.

Honestly, does it really matter who's the best. They're doing to same job. :angry:

UCF3,

My point is that if the Mikado part looks like the original, then it's very preferable to me.

And I'm not even a "purist" or "stickler".

My LS400 is just my very reliable car that I've driven for a long time. I don't "love" it or anything. But the look of Jim's part bugs me.

Joe