Touch Screen Overlay Replacement - 2007 Ls460l

I have a 2007 LS460 L with a partially cracked touch screen. Lexus wants $2300+ to exchange the unit, and a non-Lexus touch panel (overlay) can be purchased for around $40. However, I need to know if the original touch panel has a 4 wire lead or a 5 wire lead.

I would appreciate a response if anyone knows which touch panel would be correct. Also, if anyone knows someone in Wisconsin that could replace the overlay, I would like that information too.

This is the link to the vendor that I plan to get the touch panel from. (CAUTION- I don't know yet whether or not it will work.)

I apologize for putting this in the forums twice, but I believe I put it in the incorrect forum the first time.

Thanks for any help.

Orthrwi

• 1 month later...
I have a 2007 LS460 L with a partially cracked touch screen. Lexus wants $2300+ to exchange the unit, and a non-Lexus touch panel (overlay) can be purchased for around $40. However, I need to know if the original touch panel has a 4 wire lead or a 5 wire lead.

I would appreciate a response if anyone knows which touch panel would be correct. Also, if anyone knows someone in Wisconsin that could replace the overlay, I would like that information too.

This is the link to the vendor that I plan to get the touch panel from. (CAUTION- I don't know yet whether or not it will work.)

I apologize for putting this in the forums twice, but I believe I put it in the incorrect forum the first time.

Thanks for any help.

Orthrwi

Contact Fujitsu Ten in California, provide part number and ask them if they will repair for you. If they can (or will) you will not be able to drive your car in the meantime.