Diagrams No Longer Available At Toyodiy.com

AzHotLS

Very sad....

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/

6 December, 2009 The diagrams are no longer available on this site. For reasons that are beyond our comprehension, Toyota Motor Sales Inc. kept harrassing our ISP about them. It seems that they are really interested in quick profits from new car sales, so it is in their best interest that old cars fall apart asap. The progress of course cannot be stopped, and the diagrams are available on numerous other websites around the world, so we feel this change will not have any significant negative impact on Toyota DIY-ers.

Contact us if you need help or have any other question about this change. Extra info for registered forum members.

At ToyoDIY, we strongly believe in our right to repair our own vehicles. You can help by raising awareness of the issue. Details can be found at www.righttorepair.org.

Pretty heavy handed of Toyota/Lexus on this one. I'm sure the population of folks that used that site was less than 0.1% of the total Lexus owner population. You'd think Toyota has more important things to do than make a small group of enthusiasts suffer. This same group is some of the grass roots promoters for your products.

Shame on you Toyota!!!

Too bad, so sad! One consolation, if you're familiar with the part or with the rough location for the part, most dealers' parts dept's will email/fax the relevant diag. So this action by Toyota doesn't make sense. It just makes life busier for the dealers' parts reps and I can't see them refusing to send the diags for fear of losing the sale to aftermarket shops.

I'm curious how this would play out in countries like China? It's well known that info giant Google has caved to China's dictates. I know this example relates to political issues rather than consumer concerns. Nevertheless, their gov't controls virtually every commercial activity in that country. It would be interesting to learn how Toyota would handle a similar toyodiy.com situation there. Of course surmising that a toyodiy.com would be allowed in the first place.

Very sad....

6 December, 2009 The diagrams are no longer available on this site. For reasons that are beyond our comprehension, Toyota Motor Sales Inc. kept harrassing our ISP about them. It seems that they are really interested in quick profits from new car sales, so it is in their best interest that old cars fall apart asap. The progress of course cannot be stopped, and the diagrams are available on numerous other websites around the world, so we feel this change will not have any significant negative impact on Toyota DIY-ers.

Contact us if you need help or have any other question about this change. Extra info for registered forum members.

At ToyoDIY, we strongly believe in our right to repair our own vehicles. You can help by raising awareness of the issue. Details can be found at www.righttorepair.org.

Okay, so what about "the diagrams [being] available on numerous other websites"? Can anyone provide any links?

Anyone know if the part no. diagrams can be purchased, like the repair manuals?

Any advice here would be appreciated. I relied heavily on toyodiy to identify and order parts.

I thought it was my computer playing up but now I understand.

The amount of times I have posted links on this forum and the UK one to help a fellow member out.

Not only that but the local parts guy used to apprieciate the part numbers as it saved him time looking them up, he used to think I was a trade buyer.

Very petty attitude by doing this they have made more work for themselves.

Very sad....

• 4 weeks later...