New Gx Redesign

drugme

Okay, I have been waiting in anticipation with the GX's redesign. And, man!!! Am i disappointed. For some reason Lexus, in my opinion, has turned what was a sweet looking vehicle into something that is, to me, one ugly looking SUV. I have an '05 and love everything about it from the exterior to the interior but for some reason the new exterior and interior leaves something to be desired. Pretty much borderline fugly in my book. Anyone else think this? For that matter does anyone fancy Lexus' new redesigns of any of their SUVs. I think they all SUCK!! Well, just my 2 cents.

I have to agree the 010 Lexus re-designs are coming out pretty... crappy. Between the 2010 Rx and the 2010 GX, i don't know which one looks worse.

I do like the new GX interior though, very "Range Rover" like.

I didn't like the pictures but actually saw the 2010 today. I like it a lot better in person. That interior is awesome and it also looks a lot wider from behind. I also like the LX better than the old body style. I guess it's just a matter of preference.

I was dis-appointed with the exterior, very generic looking for a 60k suv. Also the rear door they kept hinged instead of hatch style. I beleive these we're money saving reasons. The interior and the electronics all looked fine. Basically a refresh with new motor, transmission & interior.

:) I can live with the exterior, and I really like the interior - particularly the third row fold-flat seating.

:( I'm really disappointed, though, that they kept the 6,500 lb tow rating. 7,500 - or more - would have been nice. A significant bump in tow rating could persuade me to seriously consider it, but with just 6,500 lbs I'll stick with my '05.

• 2 weeks later...
I was dis-appointed with the exterior, very generic looking for a 60k suv. Also the rear door they kept hinged instead of hatch style. I beleive these we're money saving reasons. The interior and the electronics all looked fine. Basically a refresh with new motor, transmission & interior.

They kept the hinged rear door, but they did add a lift up glass section to that rear door. Unless you have to load something big, you can just lift the glass hatch up to load in things..like groceries and such.

Test drove the new 2010 GX 460 yesterday. The interior was very nice, I didnt like they stuck with the hinged rear swing door. The exterior looks very blah, like a Toyota Highlander. Lexus did a nice job with the electronics. The GX I drove had a $68,400.00 window sticker price.

The dealer only has 1-black unit.