Harsh Riding Gs 350

I have a 2007 AWD GS 350 with 22k miles. When I first got the car the first thing I did was get rid of the Dunlop run flats, they are excellent for handling but suck for ride comfort. I put on a set of Bridgestone seinities and they are much better. My cmplaint is, the car just has a harsh ride. I know it is suppossed to be sporty suspension but this just seems a little to much, its not a corvette but yet it seems they want it to be. I am wondering if anyone has the new 350 or a 460 that has the suspension mode switch, and if so, can you tell the difference. I would like to put Goodyear tripple treads on and go up a size in the sidewall but the dealer said the sensors would always be on and the speedo would be off. They should be able to compensate for this in the computer somewhere. How about if I put ES 350 shocks on it?

Does anyone else think the cars ride is a little harsh, or do I just need to get used to it? The car is also a rattle trap. I took it in to the dealer and they did both front and rear windows and a couple of other things and it still rattles up by the defrost vent and a couple of other places. I have had cars with 250k + on them that ride and don't rattle like this thing. I am ready to go try out the new Buick.

Thanks for listening. The car is just not fun, I am always picking it apart while driving. It is the only body style I like by Lexus right now and can't afford the LS 460 yet.

Thanks for any advice.

Dave

Well ... the GS certainly has a "sportier" ride than an ES or an LS. One thing you could do is try to keep your tires near the minimum pressure shown on the inside of the glove compartment door and/or in your owners manual.

Doing this can be a bit of a challenge as ambient temperatures rise and fall since tire pressures go up and down on their own about one psi per 10 degress of temperature change.

I find myself altering tire pressures much more often in winter. The temperature is going to be in the 40's today where I live but it's currently about 5° F. where I'm taking the car next week. I keep an small electric air pump in my trunk and use it often.

I have a 2009 GS350, not an AWD, and have had no issues with the ride. The car has low profile tires. I previously had a 2007 non-AWD GS 350 with standard tires, and again had no issues with the ride. The same can't be said for the IS series, a stiffer ride. I have had no rattle issues with either of my GS350's. I honestly don't know if either car had/has a suspension mode switch. Guess I never checked it out, as I never felt the need to do so.

I have a 2007 AWD GS 350 with 22k miles. When I first got the car the first thing I did was get rid of the Dunlop run flats, they are excellent for handling but suck for ride comfort. I put on a set of Bridgestone seinities and they are much better. My cmplaint is, the car just has a harsh ride. I know it is suppossed to be sporty suspension but this just seems a little to much, its not a corvette but yet it seems they want it to be. I am wondering if anyone has the new 350 or a 460 that has the suspension mode switch, and if so, can you tell the difference. I would like to put Goodyear tripple treads on and go up a size in the sidewall but the dealer said the sensors would always be on and the speedo would be off. They should be able to compensate for this in the computer somewhere. How about if I put ES 350 shocks on it?

Does anyone else think the cars ride is a little harsh, or do I just need to get used to it? The car is also a rattle trap. I took it in to the dealer and they did both front and rear windows and a couple of other things and it still rattles up by the defrost vent and a couple of other places. I have had cars with 250k + on them that ride and don't rattle like this thing. I am ready to go try out the new Buick.

Thanks for listening. The car is just not fun, I am always picking it apart while driving. It is the only body style I like by Lexus right now and can't afford the LS 460 yet.

Thanks for any advice.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2007 AWD GS 350 in the Northeast. I would describe the ride as harsh for a luxury "sports" sedan. After I replaced the Dunlop run flats with Pilot Alpin P3s on 17 inch rims for the winter the ride got much better. Still I can't say that it's as good as I expected. I've only notice one dashboard squeak in very cold weather.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 2007 AWD GS 350 in the Northeast. I would describe the ride as harsh for a luxury "sports" sedan. After I replaced the Dunlop run flats with Pilot Alpin P3s on 17 inch rims for the winter the ride got much better. Still I can't say that it's as good as I expected. I've only notice one dashboard squeak in very cold weather.

I have an "06" GS300 rwd with no rattle after 46k miles and I bought it new. I had major problems with the Dunlops, especially the run-flats and changed to Bridgestone Pole Position All-Season, Ultra- high performance tires with OEM specs and it was like day and night for me. My wife thought I had gotten a new car. She had preferred not to ride in my car until I did something about the ride. I was so relieved it was the tires that made this lexus ride like a 4x4 truck, no exaggeration.

The ride feels a little mushy at first with the Bridgestones and needs some getting used to but it is so smooth and handles almost as good as the summer tires. It did pretty good in the rain with no hydro-planing whatsoever. As for the rattle in your car, I have a suspicion the dash was opened up at some point prior to your knowledge and not put back correctly. I'm on my 3rd lexus and never had any rattle problems.

hope this helps,

Vincent