Trac Off Light / Chech Engine

Van

My 95 SC300 has recently developed this problem. The Check engine light comes on and two seconds later my Traction Control off comes on? Does anyone have a clue to what is the cause? If I remove the negative side of my battery terminal and reconnect the lights are cleared for several days till it happens again?

:D That's funny. I'm experiencing the same problem with my LS.

Your going to need to pull the code. I'm experiencing a No2 speed sensor, and O2 sensor problem. The trac is related to motion, so ABS, Motion Sensors, or Trac failure all together are your possible areas.

If it's one of your motion sensors, let me know. I'm planning on getting parts from my distributor, and I can buy yours with mine--discount, sort of.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem. The best and only way to fix that is go to lexus and have them cheak it out. I wouldnt trust anyone else with my car. And yes the problem is the O2 sensors costs about 350$ at lexus to get it replaced. i suggest thats what you do. Hope that was of some help!

Mr.O

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All...

I tracked down a freind who had the "Toyota Type 2" Diagnostic plug. Error code “71” ERG sensor.

I have to open it up and see if its plug up with carbon or maybe the valve has gone bad, either way I think it will be cheaper than replacing O2 sensors.

My baby is getting old now… she just about ready to turn 180K.

Best ten year old car I have ever owned. :D

On a side not for the last couple years my 92 SC400 has the trac light stay on when you start the car, not the trac off light but the little orange one the falshes when tracation control kicks in. If you give the car a little gas at start up the light doesnt come on, lexus said they are not pulling any codes so they are not sure what it is, injectors appear to be fine to per lexus, And when the light is on traction controll doesnt work, any ideas???????? :wacko: