2010 Rx450h "past Record" Fuel Economy Display

twangster

I have a 450h and buried in a Nav Screen display is a page that displays past fuel economy called "Past Record". The video on the CD that came with the vehicle shows how it is supposed to work but mine never changes. The date in the bottom right corner shows "--/--/--" and the bar graph for "today" is always fixed at 22 MPG. There are no other dates displayed, no other bars for other days and the "Best" MPG just shows "---". My calendar is correct so the computer knows the date but it never displays it on the "Past Record" page.

When I picked up the vehicle at purchase I used the clear button on this page to start off with a clean record. The page looked the same and there were only 18 miles on vehicle but I cleared it anyways. To date, 45 days later, the display for this page does not change, even on days when I do better than 22 MPG the bar graph never moves from 22 MPG. I inquired at the dealer today and we looked at another 2010 that had 2500 miles. The displayed was identical. No data, "today" bar graph fixed at 22 MPH and date showing "--/--/--".

MPG pages in the instrument cluster display work normally.

The dealer was a little perplexed. They said it works in the 600h and stated they needed to check with "California" to see if there is a process to kick start data collection of MPG.

Any ideas? TIA

Unfortunately details about that screen are difficult to find, but I believe this may help you out.

There are three "clears", one is in the navigation window. When you use this one it clears all your historical data.

The other two are buried a little deeper. There are in your OLED display. Using the page icon on your steering wheel switch to the average displays. Use the enter "switch" to toggle to the AVERAGE MPG display. Now push and hold the "enter" switch in until the AVERAGE MPG zeros out.

Next use the enter switch to go to the AVERAGE SPEED display. Now push and hold the enter switch in until the AVERAGE SPEED zeros out.

Now the display in the navigation window will start a new day. Using the clear function in the navigation window clears all of your days out of memory.

I start each day or start each trip by zeroing out the MPG and SPEED.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately details about that screen are difficult to find, but I believe this may help you out.

There are three "clears", one is in the navigation window. When you use this one it clears all your historical data.

The other two are buried a little deeper. There are in your OLED display. Using the page icon on your steering wheel switch to the average displays. Use the enter "switch" to toggle to the AVERAGE MPG display. Now push and hold the "enter" switch in until the AVERAGE MPG zeros out.

Next use the enter switch to go to the AVERAGE SPEED display. Now push and hold the enter switch in until the AVERAGE SPEED zeros out.

Now the display in the navigation window will start a new day. Using the clear function in the navigation window clears all of your days out of memory.

I start each day or start each trip by zeroing out the MPG and SPEED.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! I now have one day of data and a "Best" figure in my "Past Record" display.

If I am getting this right, it only moves data to the Past Record display for every reset of the average in the OLED display. I'll play with it for a few days but appreciate the help getting me started B)