Idle Problems

so this is intended for people with idle problems to help them get started on fixing the problem. IN NO WAY AM I CLAIMING TO BE AN EXPERT i just wanna contribute to the forum:

I have had problems with idle issues sometimes when I come to a complete stop my car turns off, or when I finish a sharp turn it will cut off. sometimes it will start up other times it wont but it always starts the next day. Next I take a paperclip and bridge te1 and e1 pins on the diagnostics thing under the floor mat to the left on the drivers side its gray and says diagnostics you should figure out how to bridge the pins once you open it. once bridged turn the ignition to on but dont start the car. (note: if the check engine light came on once before but isnt on now the codes will still be stored as long as the battery wasnt disconnected in the time period between the c.e.l. coming on and off) count the flashes for the code and what I got was 21 and 28 which are main 02S sensor and heat . check vaccum hoses and evry deal wit air

so this is intended for people with idle problems to help them get started on fixing the problem. IN NO WAY AM I CLAIMING TO BE AN EXPERT i just wanna contribute to the forum:

I have had problems with idle issues sometimes when I come to a complete stop my car turns off, or when I finish a sharp turn it will cut off. sometimes it will start up other times it wont but it always starts the next day. Next I take a paperclip and bridge te1 and e1 pins on the diagnostics thing under the floor mat to the left on the drivers side its gray and says diagnostics you should figure out how to bridge the pins once you open it. once bridged turn the ignition to on but dont start the car. (note: if the check engine light came on once before but isnt on now the codes will still be stored as long as the battery wasnt disconnected in the time period between the c.e.l. coming on and off) count the flashes for the code and what I got was 21 and 28 which are main 02S sensor and heat . check vaccum hoses and evry deal wit air

Congrats on being able to determine what your problem is. Your ability to read the trouble codes off the OBD I port under the left side of the dash is dependent upon your check engine light coming on and storing an error code. Unfortunately, in my case I have a no-idle situation with my 1993 SC400 (52,000 miles) and the ECU is storing no codes ... NONE.

My problem is the IACV ... or what controls it. I have purchased a second IACV but the problem persists.

227k is ALOT of miles.

But a faulty o2 sensor can't be the culprit for bad idling because I've had my 2 sensor that failed and the only thing they did was turning on my Check engine light.

And are you the first owner of that car or did you buyit used?

Because I want to know ith that kind of mileage if that car have had at least a soft tranny rebuild or how many headgaskets has been changed on it.

And how do u drive?

Slow,Normal,or fast?

Because that's a LOT OF MILES!!!

• 5 weeks later...
227k is ALOT of miles.

But a faulty o2 sensor can't be the culprit for bad idling because I've had my 2 sensor that failed and the only thing they did was turning on my Check engine light.

Because I want to know ith that kind of mileage if that car have had at least a soft tranny rebuild or how many headgaskets has been changed on it.

And how do u drive?

Slow,Normal,or fast?

ive got a 92 SC300 and it has 261XXX miles on it.

• 5 months later...
227k is ALOT of miles.

And how do u drive?

Slow,Normal,or fast?

ive got a 92 SC300 and it has 261XXX miles on it.

Did you mean kilometres or miles? Our Canadian Lexuses have to use metric.

227,000 km is only 141,051 miles :)

• 3 months later...