You All Get The Oil Hose Recall Notice? Lsc9lh

Applies to my 08 as well. Called my local dealer and they said that they don't have the new parts in yet, so they will call me for an appointment when the parts come in. We're supposed to have it done by the end of March I believe..

Got the recall notice, called our lame dealer, they told me it’ll take about an hour….. and as usual their estimate was not even close… two and half hours later it was done… missed two other appointments because of their poor estimate.

Has anybody had good luck in selling one of these? My wife likes it and I hate it. Tried to trade it in a couple of times now (MB ML350/Acura MDX) both dealers offered very little for our RX on trade-in. Took it to the dealer we bought it from, they didn’t even want it.

However, on the bright side, we have a 2000 ES300 that runs perfect, no excessive engine noise, no wind noise on highway, no recalls and as a result, no intent to sell it. Seems Toyota is on the same path as GM. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Got the recall notice, called our lame dealer, they told me it’ll take about an hour….. and as usual their estimate was not even close… two and half hours later it was done… missed two other appointments because of their poor estimate.

Has anybody had good luck in selling one of these? My wife likes it and I hate it. Tried to trade it in a couple of times now (MB ML350/Acura MDX) both dealers offered very little for our RX on trade-in. Took it to the dealer we bought it from, they didn’t even want it.

However, on the bright side, we have a 2000 ES300 that runs perfect, no excessive engine noise, no wind noise on highway, no recalls and as a result, no intent to sell it. Seems Toyota is on the same path as GM. :(

I got my notice the other day, local dealer still doesn't have the parts. My notice says we have until March 2013 (more than 3 years) to get it done, so must not be that serious; but better to get it done sooner rather than later I guess...wouldn't want the defective part failing, and having to deal with that..

• 3 weeks later...

Had it done last week, and they had the car for about half the day. There is a lot of discussion on the web about the controversey of Lexus/Toyota using a 'band-aid' fix approach to this issue, i.e., replacing the defective hose with the same or similarly designed part, which just prolongs the issue until post warranty. Apparently the 'correct' fix is an all metal pipe instead of the metal/rubber one that fails. The all metal pipe is what new models are being fitted with now at the factory, so this reinforces the notion of it being the correct fix.

The recall notice says that the defective part will be replaced with a 'newly designed' one, but the service advisor at my dealership was evasive when I asked him about the design details of the 'newly designed' part. He would not/could not confirm if the new part was in fact the all metal one or just another metal/rubber hose; which makes me a little uncomfortable to say the least.

The recall notice says that the defective part will be replaced with a 'newly designed' one, but the service advisor at my dealership was evasive when I asked him about the design details of the 'newly designed' part. He would not/could not confirm if the new part was in fact the all metal one or just another metal/rubber hose; which makes me a little uncomfortable to say the least.

Part Number 15772-31030 is the all metal pipe. You can order it at any Toyota dealer for $25.

Part Number 15772-31030 is the all metal pipe. You can order it at any Toyota dealer for $25.

Well that doesn't make me feel any better.. :( The part number listed on the recall repair invoice for my RX 350 is 04009-33131; 'Kit, Oil Hose, #1'. Anybody know what the part number is for the defective oil hose? <_<

I appreciated your post, our dealer had no interest in taking our '04 RX330 in trade on a 2010. The thing was a rare treasured gem when they sold it, but it was like a lump of radioactive waste at trade in time. We like the RX, and the dealer has a great service department but this will probably be our last Lexus because of the reprehensible sales tactics of our local Somerset County NJ Lexus dealer. Apparently our dealer is not the only bad apple out there though. I have purchased many vehicles and our Lexus dealer is the only one so far that could by its own actions substantiate all those bad stereotypes of polyester-clad, slimy car salesmen out to cheat the customer. Despite a high-quality veneer the sales staff has left us with a lingering sense of distrust that cannot help but cloud our thoughts of Lexus vehicles.

What did you think of the MDX?

I appreciated your post, our dealer had no interest in taking our '04 RX330 in trade on a 2010. The thing was a rare treasured gem when they sold it, but it was like a lump of radioactive waste at trade in time. We like the RX, and the dealer has a great service department but this will probably be our last Lexus because of the reprehensible sales tactics of our local Somerset County NJ Lexus dealer. Apparently our dealer is not the only bad apple out there though. I have purchased many vehicles and our Lexus dealer is the only one so far that could by its own actions substantiate all those bad stereotypes of polyester-clad, slimy car salesmen out to cheat the customer. Despite a high-quality veneer the sales staff has left us with a lingering sense of distrust that cannot help but cloud our thoughts of Lexus vehicles.

I recently bought a RX350, and was wondering whether to trade in (or keep) the older RX I had. The salesman at Lexus told me not to try to trade it in at Lexus, but go to Carmax instead. He said he does it for his own Lexus cars (instead of exchanging them at his place of work) because Carmax gives him a better price than Lexus does, as Lexus always gives low prices on trade-ins..... You might try acting on his advice.... Good luck!

A 04 RX would have to be wholesale out by the dealer, so expect to get wholesale pricing for your trade in. NJ doesnt have a carmax store so you are stuck with either trading it into the dealer or selling it yourself. This would be the same for any 7 year old car, not just the RX.

Some Lexus dealers are pretty slimy, but for the most part, they are one of the best in customer service.

The MDX is over price and poorly build. The ugly bird beak front grille is enough to turn anybody off. It has nice seat but the panel gaps are inconsistant, the wood trims are plastic and there are way too many buttons on the dash, kind of look like the space shuttle. Besides that, the technology is good and it handles pretty good for a big truck, but it is too wide to manuver around the city and it does not feel like it has 300 HP. The sheet metals are paper thin and the gas mileage is terrible.

specific to 07 350RX - replace some kinda oil hose for the VVT ???

Anyone had it done?

We had our 2007 RX350 towed to the Lexus dealer back in July 2009. The oil hose starting to leak while my wife was driving and by the time she got home over two quarts of oil had leaked out. The undercarriage was covered with oil. Thank goodness there wasn't a fire. The dealer told me that the hose was defective and this was a rare event. It looks like it may be more common after all since they have issued a recall.

post-75943-1265163016_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Yep...received the recall notice, scheduled an appt, was given a '10 RX350 loaner, and went on our way. Went back to pick it up when called...NO problems! VERY pleased with Lexus service so far, although it's only been back to the dealership once before this time. It really IS that good. I am VERY impressed with the vehicle.

Yes, I had it done last Friday, on my 07-RX-350, when I was at the dealer for my free first oil change.

They told me that they would replace the hose assembly and add a heat shield.

No problems, but they could not correct the speedometer inaccuracy.

They kept the car till noon on Saturday, just so they could get an E- mail, to give me, to indicate that it's within tolerance. No readings from the dyno, just a check mark! The drove it nine miles, maybe they liked the Valentine Radar Detector?

specific to 07 350RX - replace some kinda oil hose for the VVT ???

Anyone had it done?

Hi i did my went to dealer took them 40 minutes just switch rubber hose to a metal one protect from over heating runs great.good luck. :geek: