2004 Es330 Sport Design Availiable In March..

SW03ES

I was looking through my Lexus magazine tonight and I noticed a little snippet I thought everyone would find interesting. Lexus is doing a SportDesign version of the ES due out in march with black birdseye maple trim, special wheels, two special exterior colors and sport design badging. I'm trying to get more info but its still sketchy...

I can't find anything about it online, but from the little blurb in the magazine it doesn't look nearly as involved as the GS or IS SportDesigns, just the black birdseye maple trim (which I always thought would look great in the car, although its not really my thing) the "channeled spoke wheels" and the two exclusive colors.

Hopefully I'll like the wheels and can score a set for mine...

those magazines are too high class for a middle class person like me. they show wine and food, i dont have money for fine cuisine!!! lol. but i just tossed aside my magazine instead of fliping through it. my sister tells me there's info on the new hybrid in there too. hybrids are the next thing of the decade.... saves out petroleum.

Are the special wheels going to be 16", or will they be upgraded to 17"? I'm looking for a new set of 17" wheels for the summer, and it would be nice to have an OEM choice.

(sorry, I don't get Lexus magazine in the mail, and I couldn't find it in the online edition, which is still an older issue).

Not sure, it just says "The ES SportDesign is a visually jazzed up version of a vehicle known for understated elegance. Black birds-eye maple interior woodwork, channeled spoke wheels, and two new exterior colors give it a sporty look inside and out"

No mention of the size. My guess is they'll be 16 inch exact same size as the normal wheels to save on re-tiring costs, similar to the wheels on the GS Sport Design (same wheels, different finish). It doesn't seem nearly as complete a package as the IS or GS which list titanium lamps, etc.

Most certainly the tire & wheel size will not change. They'll probably use a different type wheel to distinguish this new model plus other cosmetic changes like they did on Coach versions in the past.

Thanks, I had the feeling that like previous special edition ES's ('96,'99,'01 Coach and '00 Platinum), the wheels would be the same size as stock. Also, like SW mentioned, previous SportDesign models have used the same size wheels (02-03 GS and 03-04 IS SportDesigns both use the same size wheels as their non-SportDesign counterparts).

I also agree, the magazine is rediculous lol, but they do have little snippits of upcoming models etc.

The magazine is a complete waste of reading time. All of the articles go something like this ...

"Look at ______ in his Lexus ______. _________ works as a(n) (insert weird job here).

(insert exotic location photograph here)

Actually no, most of the articles have nothing to do with Lexus cars or owners at all lol. Its part of the "Lexus lifestyle", trying to do the same thing that Mercedes, BMW, Cadillac all do, they all have a fruffy magazine like this.

And you could say its a waste of reading time, but I'm the only one who knew about the Sport Design ;)

I always at least flip through it.

This was posted by a Lexus Dealrship member on another site.

"For the first time ever Lexus is making a '04 ES330 SportDesign. Here's the information:

Production: February until June 2004

Colors: Graphite Gray Pearl, Thundercloud, and Black Onyx. For those of you not familiar with Thundercloud, it is a lot like a slightly darker silver with a faint rose hue. Very nice color and it was on the IS300 SportDesign last year. Very sporty color and everyone who saw it just loved it.

Interior Colors: Light Charcoal or Black Leather

Features: Channel spoke 16" wheels, Black Bird's Eye Maple (including steering wheel), SportDesign badge, Black Pearl emblem on rear, chrome emblem on front, and brushed metal strip on bottom of trunk lip (which is NOT confirmed)."

steviej

This must be the chrome trunk trim Lexus is referring to. As for as a body kit, what do you think about this style if Lexus was going to add this to the sports edition? (see links below)

http://store6.yimg.com/I/lexusparts_1769_32411183

http://store6.yimg.com/I/lexusparts_1769_31961753

http://store6.yimg.com/I/lexusparts_1769_31979908

http://store6.yimg.com/I/lexusparts_1769_31992671

• 4 months later...