02 Es 300 Noise On Bumpy Roads

stcist2

Hello everyone,

'Iv'e been a member here since Ibought this wonderful car. Now I have a problem and would like some advise; while driving down our wonderful bumpy roads here in Minnesota it sounds like the right rear door is not closed all the way,it rattles with every bump. I thought I remembered reading on here about the sound deadening coming loose and causing a rattle noise, but I can not find that thread anymore. This just started happening and the temps have dipped into single digits, the car is parked outside. While I was coming home today it was really annoying, I reached back and held the door and it made no difference. I understand that I will have to pull the door panel off to see whats going on but as I said before its in the single digits here so I'll probably just live with it till the spring, none the less I would like to hear if there is a known cause for this. Thanking my fellow Lexus owners in advance.....

Stan

too cold for lexy to start today it was in the -5 degrees range and i suppose she'll need a battery soon too, had to drive the jeep, talk about cold...put the charger on her and got her started I'll see if she'll start tomarrow and look at the trim at the bottom of the door. otherwise getting a new battery seems to be the priority for the near future.. thanks for your help and I'l keep you posted.,..

Update, I found that when driving down the road if I push on the arm rest the noise stops and even when I let go it stays away for a couple miles. feels like there may be some sort of adhesive behind the door panel that let go in the extreme cold weather. I looked at the trim at the bottom of the door and also inspected the seat belt extender, neither seem like they could be the problem. It did get up in the double digits today but still too cold to mess with it. One thing that I did notice is the lack of holes for screws that hold the armrest on, is there a trick to getting it off?(this would not be my first door panel removal as I've done hundreds, but prior experience is invaluble and I've never done a Lexus)