Reliability With Your 06 Or 07 Gs350

• 1 month later...

Attention 06 or 07 GS350 owners.

I'm considering buying one, but I'd like to know your experience with. Have you had any

1. electrical problems

2. ABS issues

3. transmission problems

4. other...

Thanks in advance

Kris

none of those issues for me so far with over 46k's on my gs300 06

Attention 06 or 07 GS350 owners.

I'm considering buying one, but I'd like to know your experience with. Have you had any

1. electrical problems

2. ABS issues

3. transmission problems

4. other...

Thanks in advance

Kris

none of those issues for me so far with over 46k's on my gs300 06

None of those issues either for me with over 90k on my 06 gs300

Bought a certified pre-owner '06 GS300 about 6 weeks ago. Things were fine, but in the last week have run into three problems:

• Passenger side park distance sensor comes on when it shouldn't, and stays on as long as the car is in reverse
  • Sun roof controls don't work correctly. Pressing 'close' closes the roof, then instead of stopping when closed, it raises it open. Pressing 'down' moves the roof down, but instead of stopping when closed it slides back fully open.
  • Check VCS came on today, along with slip warning light, check engine light and ABS warning light

In addition, the rear view mirror isn't a tight fit and it wobbles (reported by other GS owners)

We bought the Lexus because of the great reliability reports. Problems are mounting up quickly. Hopefully everything will be fixed under the warranty, and this isn't a sign of worse to come.

(sorry is this a GS300 not a 350, but thought you might like to know)

Nick...

• 1 month later...
Bought a certified pre-owner '06 GS300 about 6 weeks ago. Things were fine, but in the last week have run into three problems:

• Passenger side park distance sensor comes on when it shouldn't, and stays on as long as the car is in reverse
  • Sun roof controls don't work correctly. Pressing 'close' closes the roof, then instead of stopping when closed, it raises it open. Pressing 'down' moves the roof down, but instead of stopping when closed it slides back fully open.
  • Check VCS came on today, along with slip warning light, check engine light and ABS warning light

In addition, the rear view mirror isn't a tight fit and it wobbles (reported by other GS owners)

We bought the Lexus because of the great reliability reports. Problems are mounting up quickly. Hopefully everything will be fixed under the warranty, and this isn't a sign of worse to come.

(sorry is this a GS300 not a 350, but thought you might like to know)

Nick...

Nick,

Last week my sunroof started to act up. I have the same exact problem..62k miles..going to take to dealer this week and make use of my plat. warranty..other than this and some rattles the car has no issues.

• 4 months later...

purchased 06 gs300 last october so far 36k miles problems

- dash rattles needed re insulation (which dealer did under warranty )

- now that i have my sunroof open in the summer it is beginning to rattle too gonna take it to dealership soon

- when i put the car in reverse then drive sometimes to side view mirrors dont tilt back up to set position kinda annoying

but thats it hope this helps

I bought a 2006 GS300 AWD off my aunt in May 2008 with 32k miles on it and all the appropriate services at the dealership (she is like that).

The car now has 69,500 miles on it and I haven't had a problem execpt having to replace a gas cap (common problem) to resolve some random, infrequent Check VSC messages. All minor services and routine maintenance are done by me. The only things the car has seen the dealership for is the service campaigns initiated by Lexus. I totally love this car.

steviej