E-brake Light On But No E-brake?!?!

This happens sometimes. Its the same light that indicates my E-Brake is active and this only comes on if I break VERY hard and suddenly for a 2-3 second time span. The light doesn't blink or anything and after I come to a stop or I let go of the brakes the light goes away after another 2-3 seconds..

Is this something to do with my brake pads? I don't think its OEM pads but I know the rotor's are. I had them changed a week before thanks giving.

Any thoughts fella's?

I would check the brake fluid level in the master cylinder, it could be low.

Agreed. Make sure there are no leaks, especially if the calipers were bled. Also check the lines to the calipers for cracks/bulges/leaks. They might have been stressed during service.

Could be that the spring that holds your E-brake (I prefer to call it a parking brake) is getting weak, so when you brake hard, the forward inertia of the E-brake peddle is pushing it down slightly, just enough to tell the sensor that the E-brake is applied.

stcist2 was correct. The brake fluid was low. I had them level it off and so far it is fine. I didn't want to check myself because I have a faulty hood latch cable which sticks every now an then. This problem solved... Thanks for all the responses fella's

stcist2 was correct. The brake fluid was low. I had them level it off and so far it is fine. I didn't want to check myself because I have a faulty hood latch cable which sticks every now an then. This problem solved... Thanks for all the responses fella's

Glad to hear you resolved the problem. I had/have the same problem with my hood latch sticking. For the first few months I would avoid opening my hood at all cost.

For my car it was the cable strecthing but now that I have located it to the right of the latch all you have to do is give it a tug and the latch releases....if that helps anyone w. that problem.

Glad to hear you resolved the problem. I had/have the same problem with my hood latch sticking. For the first few months I would avoid opening my hood at all cost.

For my car it was the cable strecthing but now that I have located it to the right of the latch all you have to do is give it a tug and the latch releases....if that helps anyone w. that problem.

You say to the right of the latch? Do you mean where the hood clamps on to the chasis when you lower the hood?

If so then thats the same issue I have and when I took it to my uncles mechanic shop today to see what the check engine light was about, he should me how to close my hood when the cable sticks. Apparently you need something very skinny and you push down on the cable which is to the right of the latch and you actually hear the cable snap back into place. Its a pain but coming from a Honda, I have spare tools in my trunk to achieve this :whistles:

And the check engine light was for the #2 Catalytic converter... great