07 350rx - Omg - White Dust!

so this is Certified Lexus with 65000 miles, warranty to 100K. New cabin filter less than 6000 miles ago

seems strange to see this stuff now, all the posts I read problem seems to have started early in the life of the car.

Anyway the heater works fine, I dont have a smell, I may be parnoid... :( :rolleyes:

suggestions? Other ways to test?

so this is Certified Lexus with 65000 miles, warranty to 100K. New cabin filter less than 6000 miles ago

seems strange to see this stuff now, all the posts I read problem seems to have started early in the life of the car.

Anyway the heater works fine, I dont have a smell, I may be parnoid... :( :rolleyes:

suggestions? Other ways to test?

If you don't have the smell now, you will next year when you use the heat. Your coating probably just started coming off (or enough of it isn't off yet) for the mold (or whatever stinks) to start growing. I'd bring it back and get the heater core replaced while it's still under warranty.

-Ken

I have an 08 Rx400h which uses the same AC unit as the Rx350 does. I too have the white dust problem, but don't yet have the heater smell everyone talks about.

I would have lexus replace the bad part, but really don't like the idea of having to lose the car for over a week (I'm under 25 so i can't even get a loaner) and i don't like the idea of them having to take the whole dash out... That only leaves room for them to damage or scratch something.

I have an 08 Rx400h which uses the same AC unit as the Rx350 does. I too have the white dust problem, but don't yet have the heater smell everyone talks about.

I would have lexus replace the bad part, but really don't like the idea of having to lose the car for over a week (I'm under 25 so i can't even get a loaner) and i don't like the idea of them having to take the whole dash out... That only leaves room for them to damage or scratch something.

Thanks everyone< I think I will make a trip to the dealer and have a chat

please let us know how it goes :D i wonder if they'll try to argue about it :rolleyes:

please let us know how it goes :D i wonder if they'll try to argue about it :rolleyes:

will let you know, probably after the holidays :rolleyes:

scheduled appointment but already sense they are going to tell me it "aint bad enough" yet. DO I have any recourse here. It is a known problem that will only get worse - correct?? I think I should be able to, based on the history of this problem, get it fixed . Plus I dont want to breath these little white specs!

comments. I need some amunition!!!

Just what is this white powder? If the dealer can tell you what it is but won't budge on fixing at this time, demand that the dealer give you the MSDS (material safety data sheet) for what ever this white powder is so you can check with your doctor to make sure it is not cancer causing. This should loosen them up a little bit.

Jeff

It's already been established what the white stuff is, it's similar to that of an antacid or something... Probably not harmful, but it's still not nice to have to breathe in.

With some good persuasion they should have to replace it. It's not normal for the AC unit of a car to emit white particles...

I just hope they don't replace it with another factory one, because that too in time will have the same issue. I read somewhere that there is a replacement that doesn't have the issue, maybe one of another model?

Just what is this white powder? If the dealer can tell you what it is but won't budge on fixing at this time, demand that the dealer give you the MSDS (material safety data sheet) for what ever this white powder is so you can check with your doctor to make sure it is not cancer causing. This should loosen them up a little bit.

Jeff

I actually thought about that--I am a survivor as it is, so I for one am certian that I do not need any unknown crap floating about. I think I will use that idea!

It's already been established what the white stuff is, it's similar to that of an antacid or something...

Now that you mention this, I just realized I never have an upset stomach when I drive my RX...

now THAT is funny :D

back today, actual job took three days but they had to check it out and the check out guy was at a class so it was another day.

All in all I give this Lexus dealer an A++ for service, gave me a 2010 to drive, did the repiar,plus the recall while they had it, total bill was nearly $900, and I owed nothing as in $0.00 Certified Lexus at 65,000 miles, I am impressed. Job looks perfect, no tell tale signs that she basically was gutted.' :D :)

back today, actual job took three days but they had to check it out and the check out guy was at a class so it was another day.

All in all I give this Lexus dealer an A++ for service, gave me a 2010 to drive, did the repiar,plus the recall while they had it, total bill was nearly $900, and I owed nothing as in $0.00 Certified Lexus at 65,000 miles, I am impressed. Job looks perfect, no tell tale signs that she basically was gutted.' :D :)

That's awesome! I'm glad everything was done properly- my biggest worry is that if i have it done, they'll scratch everything up...

Did they tell you if they replaced the part with another OEM one (that could fail in the future) or if they put in a newer generation part that won't fail?

That's awesome! I'm glad everything was done properly- my biggest worry is that if i have it done, they'll scratch everything up...

Did they tell you if they replaced the part with another OEM one (that could fail in the future) or if they put in a newer generation part that won't fail?

I do know they had to get the whole deal approved by Lexus Hdqs. I believe it is the new part that had been redesigned

I do know they had to get the whole deal approved by Lexus Hdqs. I believe it is the new part that had been redesigned

Oh really!? Can you confirm it's a newly designed part for me? :D

All I can tell you ( they told me) new part

# 8850148251

So this is my first post on here since I recently purchased my first Lexus. I noticed the white dust on the dash after the first weekend we had the car. I would clean it and as you know it comes back. I called Rallye Lexus today and I am bringing the car in for service on Thursday. The receptionist told me she has only heard of this issue once and I will have to speak to a service rep to go over the issue. I will keep you posted to my experience with this issue and hope it gets resolved. I bought this car to keep my son and pregnant wife safe and I have to say I was pretty upset when I came across this posting over the weekend.

# 8850148251

So this is my first post on here since I recently purchased my first Lexus. I noticed the white dust on the dash after the first weekend we had the car. I would clean it and as you know it comes back. I called Rallye Lexus today and I am bringing the car in for service on Thursday. The receptionist told me she has only heard of this issue once and I will have to speak to a service rep to go over the issue. I will keep you posted to my experience with this issue and hope it gets resolved. I bought this car to keep my son and pregnant wife safe and I have to say I was pretty upset when I came across this posting over the weekend.

Well, i can tell you EVERY 07-09 Rx out there is experiencing this problem, and some other models as well. My guess is that not many owners are actually complaining about it...

# 8850148251

Well, i can tell you EVERY 07-09 Rx out there is experiencing this problem, and some other models as well. My guess is that not many owners are actually complaining about it...

I have a 09RX350, and there was some white dust being produced after I took delivery. At the first service, the dealer changed the air cabin filter, and I have had no problem since (after a period where I assume the dust still in the system blew itself out). Reading through the various posts in this forum, I seem to understand that there are two kinds of 'dust': the 'usual' dust such as enters the car or comes from cloth, and a more uniform and larger-grained dust that could be from the evaporator. Thankfully, I have not had the latter. My recommendation would be to first change the air cabin filter, then see what happens...