Screeching Noise

es30014

wet surface like in rain soaked road or just damp?

If there was water on the road, could be that it splashed on one of the two belts and the belt then slipped on the pulley causeing a loud screaching noise. Similar to that of a loose belt on start up.

steviej

one reason you heard it is that you were going slow and the other is probably the sound bouncing off the narrow walls of the alley.

i had two distinct screeching episdoes on my 92 that are exactly like you describe.

the first situation was indeed the wear indicators. the 92 i bought had almost no brakes on the back. so bad they needed new rotors.

the second screech was because when I put the new rotors on, the pistons were seizing the shoes against the new rotors causing them and the new pads to head up to what I believe were fission sustaining temps (the wheel was so hot after driving i couldnt touch it :lol: ). my pads did not like that and would squeal just from the combination of the heat and the fact that the intense heat probably made the anti-squeal compound on the backs of the shoes wear out quickly.

so maybe check both of those things. I would guess it is brake related though...

also, does it stop when you apply the brake, light pressure or hard pressure?

On a heavy vehicle like the Lexus with soft pads designed for quiet operation 2 years could easily be the brake life. Some LS owners dont even get 15,000 miles out of a set of brakes...

Also all depends on how you drive.

It's been pouring down rain today here in Texas and I was out driving and I heard the screeching noise....it was really loud...happened two times on the passenger side of the car.....still has only happened when it rains....just thought I would let yall know

It's been pouring down rain today here in Texas and I was out driving and I heard the screeching noise....it was really loud...happened two times on the passenger side of the car.....still has only happened when it rains....just thought I would let yall know

The same thing happened to my car after driving threw water. I was told that i got a belt wet.

Lexus dealers will charge you anywhere from $150 to $350 to do an oil change, or what they call a "mini inspection" which includes looking at a lot of things, changing the oil, rotating the tires. If you just want an oil change best to take it elsewhere.