Pvc-blow By

:o Oh Boy, I hope I am not in as bad as shape as I fear! I run around 9~10 lbs boost with my fairly stock motor. It has ran great. I noticed a real bad oily turbo a few months back. I replaced the seals, cleaned out my piping and put it all back together. The oil came back? Since all is new and clean I could run the motor and check for leaks and other ( oh crap ) items I may have forgot to put back on! I found the oil! it drips like an IV from the hospital. I noticed good pressure pushing out as well. ( keep in mind this all came about in a day or so, and the motor runs, idles and sounds fine! ) It performs fine as well out side the oil. It is dripping from the hose conected to the air intake side to the turbo. It is the larger tube running back to what I think is the PVC valve? It is located to the left of the motor ( facing) the car and motor before the fire wall. The other tube that looks just like it is on the right and conects to the actual intake( thr body). I also have the VSC light on the dash.... Is the motor shot? GOOD HELL tell me that is not the case. Is it the valve? does it need to be replaced? or is this to be expected and further modifications need done to keep it working correctly? The car I swear runs and feels normal. I did notice that once in a while while the motor is ideling a clicking noise is coming from the black little box conected to the thr body. but is goes away and comes back every so often during idle! Please help? thanks guys.... :(

Damn dawg, I wish I could help you on this one but I'm not very knowledgeable yet on turbo's.. The best thing I could think of is take it back to the shop who installed it and see what they say.. And if all else fails take the turbo off and put back to stock and take it to Lexus. Maybe they'll cover it.. I don't know bro, but goodluck with it.. Keep us post'd....

:o Oh Boy, I hope I am not in as bad as shape as I fear! I run around 9~10 lbs boost with my fairly stock motor. It has ran great. I noticed a real bad oily turbo a few months back. I replaced the seals, cleaned out my piping and put it all back together. The oil came back? Since all is new and clean I could run the motor and check for leaks and other ( oh crap ) items I may have forgot to put back on! I found the oil! it drips like an IV from the hospital. I noticed good pressure pushing out as well. ( keep in mind this all came about in a day or so, and the motor runs, idles and sounds fine! ) It performs fine as well out side the oil. It is dripping from the hose conected to the air intake side to the turbo. It is the larger tube running back to what I think is the PVC valve? It is located to the left of the motor ( facing) the car and motor before the fire wall. The other tube that looks just like it is on the right and conects to the actual intake( thr body). I also have the VSC light on the dash.... Is the motor shot? GOOD HELL tell me that is not the case. Is it the valve? does it need to be replaced? or is this to be expected and further modifications need done to keep it working correctly? The car I swear runs and feels normal. I did notice that once in a while while the motor is ideling a clicking noise is coming from the black little box conected to the thr body. but is goes away and comes back every so often during idle! Please help? thanks guys.... :(

HEY THERE WHAT'S UP, SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR TURBO TROUBLE. CURIOUS, WHAT TURBO SETUP ARE YOU RUNNING AND WHAT HEAD ARE YOU USING? 2JZGE BLOCK WITH 2JZGTE HEAD OR ALL 2JZGE. WELL ANYHOW, YOU SAY THAT THE OIL IS LEAKING FROM THE OPENING OF THE TURBINE WHERE THE AIR INTAKE IS CONNECTED? I LIGHT FILM OF OIL IS ALRIGHT BUT YOU HAVE AN IV DRIP WHICH PROBABLY MEANS YOUR TURBO SYSTEM IS NOT TIGHTENED OR HOOKED UP, OR EVEN SHOT. AS YOU KNOW TO HOOK UP A TURBO TO A NON TURBO CAR, IT NEEDS TO BE OIL COOLED. SO WHEN INSTALLING THE KIT, YOU HAVE OIL LINES GOING TO THE OIL PAN (OR SOME OTHER OIL FEED) THEN RE-CIRCULATING BACK INTO THE TURBO. THAT'S WHERE YOUR PROBLEM IS. IT'S ALSO BAD IF YOU GET OIL IN THE THROTTLE BODY. IF YOU CAN TRY TO CLEAN OUT THE BUTTERFLY WING INSIDE WITH A RAG AND SOME THROTTLE BODY CLEANER (REMEMBER DO NOT, DO NOT SPRAY THROTTLE BODY CLEANER INSIDE THE THROTTLE BODY, JUST SPRAY A CLOTH AND USE LIKE A LONG SCREW DRIVERS TO CLEAN THE INSIDE). SO CHECK OUT THE OIL LINES GOING TO AND FROM THE TURBO. MAYBE YOU HAVE SOMETHING LOOSE OR EVEN UNPLUGGED. AS FOR YOUR CHECK ENGINE THING A MA JIG, YOUR MAF SENSOR IS PROBABLY GOING CRAZY BECAUSE TOO MUCH FORCE INDUCTION IS PASSING THROUGH, IF YOU HAVE IT CONNECTED. AS FOR YOUR PCV VALVE, YOU MIGHT WANT TO REPLACE IT, IF IT NEEDS REPLACING. IT'S ABOUT 120 BUCKS I THINK. I NEEDED TO REPLACE MINE. THAT'S ALL THE ADVICE I CAN GIVE AT THE MOMENT, SEE IF YOU CAN POST SOME PICTURES. GOOD LUCK

-TWINTURBO619

Thanks guys! I have the SRT Turbo. I run the MSD and MSD boost/timing mod. I have all stock motor. I run about 10lbs boost. it puts down to the rear about 300 hp. It has ran great. I just tuned up the turbo and checked all the seals. It is oil fed. The turbo ( LUCKY ) turned out fine. I can see the oil dripping from the PVC valve tube( the hose from the PVC valve) It may just be shot! the motor runs fine! The spark plugs are clean. I see no reason for the motor to be shot! The oil is clean as well ( not dirty ) Hell if it is???? then here comes the supra swap! Dont care what it costs :angry: well maybe! :o Any how, the new PVC is here in the morning. I will chane it out, and fire it up and see..... I hope to god it is not rings needed. I hope the PVC is stuck or shot :unsure: Does your pvc slobber some oil? It is not a ton or anything, but over a week it sure builds up! I cleaned the entire system including the turbo piping and parts. It was a !Removed! to remove all the pipe and cooler and yeh the screw driver and carb cleaner soaked rag got the intake. How often does the PVC valve need replacing I wonder? I will keep you guys posted. Any other who may have some idea let me know....Thanks guys. I need to post some photos eh! :cheers:

Thanks guys! I have the SRT Turbo. I run the MSD and MSD boost/timing mod. I have all stock motor. I run about 10lbs boost. it puts down to the rear about 300 hp. It has ran great. I just tuned up the turbo and checked all the seals. It is oil fed. The turbo ( LUCKY ) turned out fine. I can see the oil dripping from the PVC valve tube( the hose from the PVC valve) It may just be shot! the motor runs fine! The spark plugs are clean. I see no reason for the motor to be shot! The oil is clean as well ( not dirty ) Hell if it is???? then here comes the supra swap! Dont care what it costs :angry: well maybe! :o Any how, the new PVC is here in the morning. I will chane it out, and fire it up and see..... I hope to god it is not rings needed. I hope the PVC is stuck or shot :unsure: Does your pvc slobber some oil? It is not a ton or anything, but over a week it sure builds up! I cleaned the entire system including the turbo piping and parts. It was a !Removed! to remove all the pipe and cooler and yeh the screw driver and carb cleaner soaked rag got the intake. How often does the PVC valve need replacing I wonder? I will keep you guys posted. Any other who may have some idea let me know....Thanks guys. I need to post some photos eh! :cheers:

what's going on yo, glad to hear that you've pin-pointed the problem. that sounded like quite a bit of oil being built up. to be totally honest, i never heard of a time frame on when to change out the pvc pipe. i guess only when it's clogged or damaged or something to that nature. i would be interested in seeing some nice pictures of the engine bay. laters...

-TWINTURBO619

• 2 years later...