Hesitation Acceleration

Henri Luu

Hello to All,

I recently bought a 2004 ES330 with 142k on it. It was running great for about a month or so. Recently, the accelerator seem to be hesitating for a second or two, especially at low speed? What could be the problem? From my experience. I thought it was the spark plugs. But I can only change the outside three. The inside is a lot more difficult. Please help with advice on changing the inside plugs or identify the problem. Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you in advance....

Hello to All,

I recently bought a 2004 ES330 with 142k on it. It was running great for about a month or so. Recently, the accelerator seem to be hesitating for a second or two, especially at low speed? What could be the problem? From my experience. I thought it was the spark plugs. But I can only change the outside three. The inside is a lot more difficult. Please help with advice on changing the inside plugs or identify the problem. Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you in advance....

Did any maint records come with the car? I would suggest pulling one of the plugs and looking at it, measure the gap, does it look like the original plug? If it looks like the original plug, and you can not verify otherwise, I would suggest doing a complete tuneup before trying to troubleshoot the problem. It is always best to start with the basics. I would also recomend buying several different extensions for your ratchet wrench in order to get at the rear plugs. They are possible to replace without removing the intake plenum.

Finally,

I go to the dealer today and they found out what the problem was. It was P2121- Throttle PDL- Position Sensor; it needs accelerator pedal sensor and reprogramming. Te quote for the part alone is $700, the labor might be an hour, which is about $129. I try to look online to find a cheaper part, however was not successful. Anybody know where I can find it for cheaper?

Finally,

I go to the dealer today and they found out what the problem was. It was P2121- Throttle PDL- Position Sensor; it needs accelerator pedal sensor and reprogramming. Te quote for the part alone is $700, the labor might be an hour, which is about $129. I try to look online to find a cheaper part, however was not successful. Anybody know where I can find it for cheaper?

I found part number 78010-33010 (pedal travel sensor) on http://www.parts.com/ for $295.92 (retail $428.01) but I'm not sure that is the part you need. It would be good if you could get the part number from the dealer to be sure or to use to search for the part you really need.