New Brake Pads

kimo

Easiest pads ive ever changed. Before removing inside pad , just use C-clamp against old pad to push piston in, it really helps. I purchased the $55 pads from NAPA and did not turn the rotors, they looked very smooth and just didnt need it. Brakes are purrrrrfffffeeeeccccttttt. NO SQUEAKS.

We have 115000 on our Lexus now and its running great. Will do another tranny flush @ 1200000. Did last one @ 85000. No issues with tranny like some have had.....ciao, KIMO

• 3 weeks later...

Easiest pads ive ever changed. Before removing inside pad , just use C-clamp against old pad to push piston in, it really helps. I purchased the $55 pads from NAPA and did not turn the rotors, they looked very smooth and just didnt need it.

Good job, Kimo.

I too replaced the pads on my wife's '04 RX330 (fronts only)

At 85K miles, her right side had just worn through the outside pad. The rotor needed turned so both sides done, new pads from Lexus of Austin $69. I opened the bleed valve on the calipers when I squeezed the pistons back into the calipers. This forced the old, nasty fluid out of the calipers. I used the mityvac to remove all the fluid in the master res, filled with new fluid and bled a couple times. All new fluid, new pads, like new rotors. Car stops like the day it was made.

Chris

Easiest pads ive ever changed. Before removing inside pad , just use C-clamp against old pad to push piston in, it really helps. I purchased the $55 pads from NAPA and did not turn the rotors, they looked very smooth and just didnt need it.

Good job, Kimo.

I too replaced the pads on my wife's '04 RX330 (fronts only)

At 85K miles, her right side had just worn through the outside pad. The rotor needed turned so both sides done, new pads from Lexus of Austin $69. I opened the bleed valve on the calipers when I squeezed the pistons back into the calipers. This forced the old, nasty fluid out of the calipers. I used the mityvac to remove all the fluid in the master res, filled with new fluid and bled a couple times. All new fluid, new pads, like new rotors. Car stops like the day it was made.

Chris

Did you clean and lube the slide pins? I have found that slide pins on my Toyota Avalon and RX300 need to be serviced more often than at pad replacement time. I change brake fluid and lube slide pins every 2 years. There is little clearance between the pin OD and caliper ID for grease. Do an Internet search and you will see that sticking/frozen slide pins are a common Toyota problem.