First Time In Gs400 In Snow

Drove my 2000 GS400 today in 5 inches of snow at 25F about minus 3C, on new Primacy Alpin PA3s

Not as good as my old Sunbird, but not horrible. Switched of VSC to get out of my parking space. switched on ECT snow, worked quite well.

Traction control and ABS hardly came on, but traffic was pretty heavy, barely got about 30KM/hr.

Hills are the enemy. Expect it will be very different when temp drops to minus 25C tomorrow, might actually be better.

When you grow up in Edmonton you develop a sixth sense for snow, and it's pretty obvious there's a lot of newcomers in the city who think AWD makes them invincible.

Drove my 2000 GS400 today in 5 inches of snow at 25F about minus 3C, on new Primacy Alpin PA3s

It's a little late to bring this up since you just bought your Alpins but you might have been happier with the better snow performance of "Studless Ice & Snow" tires than with "Performance Winter/Snow" tires like the Alpins.

I didn't know the difference between the two tire categories until about 2003 after using performance snow tires for many years before that. I've been waaaay happier with the snow performance of the heavier duty snow tires. I thought the ride and noise would be worse but, if it is, I don't notice it. Being frugal, I've liked that heavy duty snow tires have lasted a lot longer than performance snow tires. I used to go through performance snow tires like $#!+ through a goose -- maybe I drove them harder in the dry.

It's a little late to bring this up since you just bought your Alpins but you might have been happier with the better snow performance of "Studless Ice & Snow" tires than with "Performance Winter/Snow" tires like the Alpins.

I didn't know the difference between the two tire categories until about 2003 after using performance snow tires for many years before that. I've been waaaay happier with the snow performance of the heavier duty snow tires. I thought the ride and noise would be worse but, if it is, I don't notice it. Being frugal, I've liked that heavy duty snow tires have lasted a lot longer than performance snow tires. I used to go through performance snow tires like $#!+ through a goose -- maybe I drove them harder in the dry.

I think you're right, The Revo's I had on my Malibu were studless ice and snow and worked wonders on that car. This time around the Michelins were all my friend who works for a car dealer could get me for the GS400, so I went with them. I will definitely keep your experience in mind for when these are worn out. Thanks for the input.