Toyodiy.com Is No More ... It Will Be Missed ...

1990LS400

It was great while it lasted but http://www.toyodiy.com/ disappeared shortly after December 2, 2009.

I'll give it an obituary from one of the most well known Monty Python sketches:

'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

If you never used ToyoDIY.com, it had diagrams and part numbers for most vehicles manufactured by Toyota Motor Company from the 1980's through about 2007 (Toyota, Lexus, Scion) and sold in markets around the world. Attached is an example.

According to http://www.cubestat.com/www.toyodiy.com the site was hosted in the Netherlands and its use of its website name was to expire January 2010.

ToyoDIY.com was always marked as a "Beta" website and "under construction" and its planned forums never materialized. A Google search shows that ToyoDIY.com was linked to from threads on many auto forum websites. Many who depended on ToyoDIY.com are going to be in for a rude awakening when they find it is gone.

I definitely would have been willing to kick in a few bucks to keep ToyoDIY.com going. I hope it comes back.

post-2157-1259937932_thumb.png

The website was back in full force for a day or two but now the diagrams have been removed from http://www.toyodiy.com/ greatly reducing the usefulness of the website.

The following is from the "Site news" on Toyodiy:

6 December, 2009

The diagrams are no longer available on this site. For reasons that are beyond our comprehension, Toyota of North America kept harrassing our ISP about them. It seems that they are really interested in quick profits from new car sales, so it is in their best interest that old cars fall apart asap.

The progress of course cannot be stopped, and the diagrams are available on numerous other websites around the world, so we feel this change will not have a significant negative impact on Toyota DIY-ers. Just google something like 78-01 ACCELERATOR LINK 78111C, and you shall find it.

Toyota is really funny about things like that. In fact, if it weren't for the advertising we and ClubLexus give them I bet they would ban us from using the word "Lexus" on the sites anywhere. I know they are very tight with the merchandising rights to their name, logos, etc...moreso of "Lexus" than "Toyota". I have talked to several places that sell license frames and keychains etc and asked why Lexus merchandise was always a little more expensive and the answer was Lexus charges for the use of their name and other carmakers don't...

ahhh.... gee, allowed to post. Anyway... it is PURE LAME DOM from Toyota on this one...

Another MAJOR swing and a miss, the previous SNAFU was waste product John Howett running the F1 team... no wonder they never won a race!

Anyway, in the end... it just goes to show you that there are just too many piggish american burecrats embedded in toyota USA,,, LAZY burecrats at that. Hopefully My Toyoda will pull a Tsun Tzu and show his concubine like american executives whats what...........

a blood letting is needed.........