New To This Forum

Romane

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the tape on the lights are because they have cracks n dont want them to shatter apart while driving

Welcome to the LOC! :cheers:

Interesting details with this car ... some script above the driver's headlight, different tailpipes, fogs in the air dam (is that custom - looks European), blacked out L logos, whited out Lexus logo, co-ordinated cracked lights - I wonder what differences there are in the interior? Just curious, can you tell us about the history of this car?

the writing over the head light is "mo betta"in english "more better" haha yeah the fog lights are custom the L emblem is actually purple to match the rimz um the intierior is actually pretty much gutted out n i actually use this car in the canyons and can keep up with all those lil hondas n 240s

um i actually picked the car up 5 er 6 months ago in sherman oaks

planning to do a manual conversion

maybe swap a 2jzgte in the future

p/s they do make clear electrical tape just FYI

I was going to suggest clear packing tape, but an even better idea is to just replace the broken lights.

I guess that's not the cool way to do it though. I don't know what his last reply said since it wasn't in common English, but I think he referred to racing it somehow. I don't know, I can't read Ebonics.

the writing over the head light is "mo betta"in english "more better" haha yeah the fog lights are custom the L emblem is actually purple to match the rimz um the intierior is actually pretty much gutted out n i actually use this car in the canyons and can keep up with all those lil hondas n 240s

um i actually picked the car up 5 er 6 months ago in sherman oaks

planning to do a manual conversion

maybe swap a 2jzgte in the future

I hear ya, but I think you'd do better bang'n w the hondas in an IS. Check out the IS section and in particular some of smooth1's mod threads.

oh didnt know there was clear ones gotta look into that

RDM are u making fun of the way i talk??

eatingupblacktop: yeah i saw the thread n im not really into IS's i think there to small n im just doing sumthing different from the rest thats all tryna have my own style aside from everyone doing the VIP thing

RDM are u making fun of the way i talk??

No, I'm saying your horribly poor typing skills leave a lot to be desired. I cannot begin to read whatever it is you typed above and I'm really trying hard to do so. I guess I just can't comprehend gibberish.

If you're old enough to drive a car you should have at least had a few English classes in school. If you failed them, maybe you should consider retaking them before you spend money on the clear packing tape to repair your broken lights.

Just a thought.

p/s they do make clear electrical tape just FYI

I was going to suggest clear packing tape, but an even better idea is to just replace the broken lights.

I guess that's not the cool way to do it though. I don't know what his last reply said since it wasn't in common English, but I think he referred to racing it somehow. I don't know, I can't read Ebonics.

Ha ha... maybe he plans on crashing it and does not want to have to pick up all the parts lying on the ground..?

Let me know the details of that manuel convertion. The only guy I know that has done it around here had to have the ecu reprogrammed by a guy in New Zeland. He pulls the motors out of parts cars and puts them in dune buggies and off roadrers with a stick shift behind them. I would love to see the 2JZ swap too. Alough the 1uz seems like it has more future potential in the power department over the 2JZ. Nice to see someone other than me thinks that this is a race car. What all other mods have you done in terms of performance?

Let me know the details of that manuel convertion. The only guy I know that has done it around here had to have the ecu reprogrammed by a guy in New Zeland. He pulls the motors out of parts cars and puts them in dune buggies and off roadrers with a stick shift behind them. I would love to see the 2JZ swap too.

That conversion sounds like a pain in the rear, but I prefer automatics anyway on a LS, so I guess I would say that anyway. Too much work for something I dont like. lol. Everyone has their preferences though.

Let me know the details of that manuel convertion. The only guy I know that has done it around here had to have the ecu reprogrammed by a guy in New Zeland. He pulls the motors out of parts cars and puts them in dune buggies and off roadrers with a stick shift behind them. I would love to see the 2JZ swap too. Alough the 1uz seems like it has more future potential in the power department over the 2JZ. Nice to see someone other than me thinks that this is a race car. What all other mods have you done in terms of performance?

um havent done any performance mods yet just gutted out the car

im still tryna decide weather to just keep the 1UZ n convert to manual or just Swap the whole 2JZ setup

as of know im waiting on my megan coilovers to arrive super excited :D

maybe i dont have money to be buying new parts n they dont make clear electric tape

all the lights on the front except the turn signal and head light sides are glass even the fogs on the bottom

Clear packing tape. $1.89 roll at Home Depot.

If you can't afford to replace the parts that wear/break from age and neglect, how do you plan on affording upgrade parts? These big plans you have in your head actually cost money, I don't see a 2JZ-GTE just falling in your lap for free.

So what you're saying is, you're willing to blow money on something you don't really need, but you can't afford to replace the normal wear parts, like ball joints, tires, etc.

Let me guess, you're under the age of 21?

maybe i dont have money to be buying new parts n they dont make clear electric tape

all the lights on the front except the turn signal and head light sides are glass even the fogs on the bottom

Clear packing tape. $1.89 roll at Home Depot.

If you can't afford to replace the parts that wear/break from age and neglect, how do you plan on affording upgrade parts? These big plans you have in your head actually cost money, I don't see a 2JZ-GTE just falling in your lap for free.

So what you're saying is, you're willing to blow money on something you don't really need, but you can't afford to replace the normal wear parts, like ball joints, tires, etc.

Let me guess, you're under the age of 21?

Haha, good points.

There is no point in putting a stick in an LS400. Part of the brilliance of the LS is the buttery smooth drivetrain. Get rid of that drivetrain, and you're pretty much changing the intent of the car. It's like these people who put stiff shocks/springs on their LS400. WhY!?

There are much better performance sedans than the LS.

id rather spend money on performance than cosmetics anyday and im not gonna put pacaging tape on te lights and i am under the age of 21 so wut? that gives me more reason to want to do this im not old and want comfortable springs n a smooth drivetrain u dont seea 2jz dropping in my lap cause thats not realistic but i can pic up a 2J for about a hundred i also am getting stiff suspension from wut i heard megans are stiff n i want it that way

n u guys say there are much better performance cars than the ls? well i have the LS i picked it up for 3K but if u guys are willing to give me money for another car then be my guest ill gladly get another car but if not then stop hating

just my though

Picture040.jpg

id rather spend money on performance than cosmetics anyday and im not gonna put pacaging tape on te lights and i am under the age of 21 so wut? that gives me more reason to want to do this im not old and want comfortable springs n a smooth drivetrain u dont seea 2jz dropping in my lap cause thats not realistic but i can pic up a 2J for about a hundred i also am getting stiff suspension from wut i heard megans are stiff n i want it that way

n u guys say there are much better performance cars than the ls? well i have the LS i picked it up for 3K but if u guys are willing to give me money for another car then be my guest ill gladly get another car but if not then stop hating

just my though

Sure, buy a used Ford Aerostar van and make all of your performance upgrades. You'll probably end up with the same result.

Actually, you could've bought this:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/1501085379.html