My Introduction/photoshoot

ESScee400

New member here, so I'm going to introduce my self and my baby. I'm also a member on ClubLexus with the same screen name. I have only had the car for about 2 months now, so I have done as much as I could do to it before it started getting cold here. Mods I have done are in my sig, and further mods are most likely on hold until the spring and warmer weather B)

I'm a 21 year old college student from the Cincinnati/Northern KY area. If anyone else is in here in my area, let me know! I'm an ex Honda-head, I've built several NA and FI setups on just about any Honda motor you can think of. My bosted ITR clone that I traded straight-up for this SC was last dynoed at 476 hp to the wheels, but I still think I got the better end of the trade, I love this thing!

Camera010.jpg

Camera018.jpg

Camera019.jpg

Camera021.jpg

Camera025.jpg

Camera031.jpg

Camera032.jpg

Camera035.jpg

Camera037.jpg

Camera040.jpg

May I ask why you bought this car?

Because usually young people hate Lexus and Toyota a lot.

People are going to give you a hard time just because of that car.

I know that for sure because I work at a car dealership where most people are in their 20's and they all hate my car.

Even the Vw certified mechanic there gave me wrong advice on maintenence for this car.

You're an Ex honda guy.

Why didn't you buy an ACURA.

The tsx is nice.

Audi's are nice too and VW's both the Passat and Jetta have small economical engine but they come with a turbo for good performance.

The Passat cc is a good performance car.

It has a lot of power.

This car has been tested on the autobahn in Germany.

It has a lot of power and handles extremely well.

But what where you thinking when you bought that?

Now people are gonna give you a hard time and the Lexus name is gonna be trashed a little more and you're gonna get rid of this car at least in 3 months or a shorter time period.

Because you're a Honda guy and Honda guys hate Lexus.

Again I'm asking.

You're a Honda guy why didn't you buy an Acura?

I know that for sure because I work at a car dealership where most people are in their 20's and they all hate my car.

Even the Vw certified mechanic there gave me wrong advice on maintenence for this car.

You're an Ex honda guy.

The tsx is nice.

Audi's are nice too and VW's both the Passat and Jetta have small economical engine but they come with a turbo for good performance.

It has a lot of power.

Now people are gonna give you a hard time and the Lexus name is gonna be trashed a little more and you're gonna get rid of this car at least in 3 months or a shorter time period.

Again I'm asking.

First of all, who the hell are you with your measly 8 posts trying to tell me what I do and don't like? I am not a "Honda Guy," I am a CAR GUY. I have owned Honda's, Acura's, Nissan's, VW's, Toyota's, even Ford and Dodge trucks. So you can take that dumb comment you just made and shove it up your !Removed!. Second, nobody has or will give me any crap for my car or because of me driving a Lexus, because if they do, they will swallow their teeth. Third, you don't know me, or a single thing about me, or what I have built and have the capability of building when it comes to cars and motors. I know cars like the back of my hand. I will never give ANY car a bad name or reputation because of what I am able to do. By the time I am finished building this car, if you're dumb !Removed! is still on this forum, you will envy my SC and wish you didn't post your retarded comment. When you get on my level, THEN you can make comments like that.

So no, you may NOT ask me why I bought this car, because you sound like an arrogant rich prick that probably bought a Lexus because you have money and that's what rich idiots do. Maybe I'm wrong about the rich part, but you are definately are an idiot.

You're an Ex honda guy.

The tsx is nice.

It has a lot of power.

Again I'm asking.

First of all, who the hell are you with your measly 8 posts trying to tell me what I do and don't like? I am not a "Honda Guy," I am a CAR GUY. I have owned Honda's, Acura's, Nissan's, VW's, Toyota's, even Ford and Dodge trucks. So you can take that dumb comment you just made and shove it up your !Removed!. Second, nobody has or will give me any crap for my car or because of me driving a Lexus, because if they do, they will swallow their teeth. Third, you don't know me, or a single thing about me, or what I have built and have the capability of building when it comes to cars and motors. I know cars like the back of my hand. I will never give ANY car a bad name or reputation because of what I am able to do. By the time I am finished building this car, if you're dumb !Removed! is still on this forum, you will envy my SC and wish you didn't post your retarded comment. When you get on my level, THEN you can make comments like that.

So no, you may NOT ask me why I bought this car, because you sound like an arrogant rich prick that probably bought a Lexus because you have money and that's what rich idiots do. Maybe I'm wrong about the rich part, but you are definately are an idiot.

GIVE HIM HELL Esscee400!!!! That guy is a prick! I think you SC is very tasteful. All i would say is add a nice set of 18'' wheels and you've got yourself a sick ride or just keep it "sleeper" stock looking, either way you got a great deal and a great looking Lexus:) What future mods do you have planned if i may ask?

GIVE HIM HELL Esscee400!!!! That guy is a prick! I think you SC is very tasteful. All i would say is add a nice set of 18'' wheels and you've got yourself a sick ride or just keep it "sleeper" stock looking, either way you got a great deal and a great looking Lexus:) What future mods do you have planned if i may ask?

Thank you sir. Like I said, mods are on hold until warmer weather comes around. Right now all that's been done is my Supra TT shocks w/ Eibach springs for about a 2" drop, 8000k hid lo beams, 2500k yellow fogs, and window tint. The next think on my list is my exhaust setup. I'm either going to do a custom dual Borla setup or a custom Magnaflow 14829 setup. I'm still listening to sound clips and doing research before I decide which way to go on that. As far as wheels go, I have no idea what wheels I'm getting yet, but I do know I'm going with a staggered setup with (front)18x8.5 - 245/40 and (rear)18x9.5 - 285/35. After wheels and exhaust, all hell will break loose on motor work. I'm not revealing what I have planned for that. HINT/GOAL: 900+HP B)

Thank you sir. Like I said, mods are on hold until warmer weather comes around. Right now all that's been done is my Supra TT shocks w/ Eibach springs for about a 2" drop, 8000k hid lo beams, 2500k yellow fogs, and window tint. The next think on my list is my exhaust setup. I'm either going to do a custom dual Borla setup or a custom Magnaflow 14829 setup. I'm still listening to sound clips and doing research before I decide which way to go on that. As far as wheels go, I have no idea what wheels I'm getting yet, but I do know I'm going with a staggered setup with (front)18x8.5 - 245/40 and (rear)18x9.5 - 285/35. After wheels and exhaust, all hell will break loose on motor work. I'm not revealing what I have planned for that. HINT/GOAL: 900+HP B)

never had a Borla set up but I always wanted one. I do know they are high quality and I've never heard a bad sounding one:) I have some of the 350z anv. 18'' on mine (18x8f and 18x8.5r i think thats the width... can't remember right now, but thats close ha) anyways, staggered is good. I get thumbs up on the rims everytime i fill up the tank:) I'm just trying to figure out which lexus center cap i can swap with the nissan one. I think in the spring i'm gonna do a cheapy ebay turbo kit to see what numbers i can come up with.(300whp would be nice) I have a 75 ahot nitrous kit sittin in my living room(i'm too lazy and its too cold to install this second, but that should add to the fun in the future:) I like your ideas. 900hp is a big number, but it is possible. Post up some pics and sound clips when you get the exhaust system.

never had a Borla set up but I always wanted one. I do know they are high quality and I've never heard a bad sounding one:) I have some of the 350z anv. 18'' on mine (18x8f and 18x8.5r i think thats the width... can't remember right now, but thats close ha) anyways, staggered is good. I get thumbs up on the rims everytime i fill up the tank:) I'm just trying to figure out which lexus center cap i can swap with the nissan one. I think in the spring i'm gonna do a cheapy ebay turbo kit to see what numbers i can come up with.(300whp would be nice) I have a 75 ahot nitrous kit sittin in my living room(i'm too lazy and its too cold to install this second, but that should add to the fun in the future:) I like your ideas. 900hp is a big number, but it is possible. Post up some pics and sound clips when you get the exhaust system.

Yes, Borla is one of the highest-quality exhaust companies out there. Can't go wrong with Borla, but not many SC's have used Borla so I haven't been ale to find any sound clips. I know how it will sound, but I'd like to compare it to the Magnaflow.

Staggered is the only option for an SC as far as I'm concerned.

900 hp is not difficult with this motor. I wouldn't say easily reachable, but with time any money, it's very reachable.

Your 300 hp goal is small for what you're wanting to do. A turbo is going to put you way past the 300 mark. I would stay away from nitrous and and any eGay kit. You're going to blow it up. eGay kit's are poorly welded, from the intecooler to piping to the turbine. I don't think I have to mention the quality of the turbine you'll get. Always remember, you get what you pay for. You're going to spend more money rewelding the crappy welds and replacing the turbo on the eGay kit than you would if you just went ahead and bought a name-brand kit. If you can't afford name-brand right now, save until you can. Trust me from experience. If I were you, I would get sell that 75 shot of disater, put that money away, and save until you can afford a nice single turbo setup. I'm sure you love your car, as most SC owners do, so don't ruin it and break your own heart :P

Yes, Borla is one of the highest-quality exhaust companies out there. Can't go wrong with Borla, but not many SC's have used Borla so I haven't been ale to find any sound clips. I know how it will sound, but I'd like to compare it to the Magnaflow.

Staggered is the only option for an SC as far as I'm concerned.

900 hp is not difficult with this motor. I wouldn't say easily reachable, but with time any money, it's very reachable.

Your 300 hp goal is small for what you're wanting to do. A turbo is going to put you way past the 300 mark. I would stay away from nitrous and and any eGay kit. You're going to blow it up. eGay kit's are poorly welded, from the intecooler to piping to the turbine. I don't think I have to mention the quality of the turbine you'll get. Always remember, you get what you pay for. You're going to spend more money rewelding the crappy welds and replacing the turbo on the eGay kit than you would if you just went ahead and bought a name-brand kit. If you can't afford name-brand right now, save until you can. Trust me from experience. If I were you, I would get sell that 75 shot of disater, put that money away, and save until you can afford a nice single turbo setup. I'm sure you love your car, as most SC owners do, so don't ruin it and break your own heart :P

Ebay kits are mostly junk(unless you run up on some guy with an HKS Supra single kit gettin a divorce, got out bid!) HA HA!. I just rarely keep a car more than 6 months after I fix em' up (people keeping coming up and offering me more than i have in them!hahaha! I'm a car salesman at a big dealership in north Mississippi) I've been blessed 350z's, an S2000, G35,zx-14, v8 240z,v8 240sx, sr2odet 240sx BLAH, BLAH,BLAH...Your prolly right on the nitrous....10 to 1 compression on our motors is a bit high, but I was sprayin 100hp ''dry" on the S2000(13to1 comp.) I went one step "colder" on the plugs and did some timing adjustments plus race fuel of course with no issues(well....one issue. all the mustang guys around here hated me cause i kept beating them haha!) Car sales just suck right now and besides I make money cause these rich momma's boys bring them back for me to fix when they break em HEHEHEHE!$$$$ I really don't wanna go crazy with the motor (ie. put a thicker headgasket on it to run more than 12lbs of boost) I think i'm gonna keep this one just bolt on stuff and 300hp should be possible with 6-8lbs of boost. I drive like 3 miles a day(i live close to work) and your right those cheap turbo manifolds are prone to cracking and their wet float bearing tolerances aren't good either. The more i drive this car the more i like it(even to its a basketcase IMO right now). I might just spring for a better kit cause who knows? I might just keep this junky *BLEEP*:)

post-106115-1260053884_thumb.jpg

Nice !Removed! *BLEEP*ing car dude, excuse me if im not supposed to cuss in the forum but enough is enough lol dang danny do you understand the term car enthusiast, its his money his car hes obviously proud of other wise we wouldnt have over half a dozen pictures up here why are you on that hater tip, its people like you that mess up a good thing but your not goin to mess it up for us, we are happy for you that you like honda great but frankly dont rain on my mans parade just because you have something against lexus or toyota or young people like these cars, eesscee400 said it best we are car guys do you think there is a reason why at a car show they dont just let one make in it would be kind of stupid if you had a car show like HIN or NOPI and only allow hondas no acuras no toyotas no audis no fords, im actually kind of offended by your close mindedness and ignorence and then tryin to push your opinion on some one else and hate on them... so in your eyes are blacks still supposed to be picking cotton and us spanish people making buritos driving low ridders and smoking weed?..... all i have to say is i have loved all my cars and i wanna send them a shout out lol 85 ford tempo, 92 ford ranger, 92 ford explorer, 96 mercury mystique, 95 ford taurus, 00 ford focus,06 huyndai elantra, 00 saturn L-series, and ofcourse my 92 lexus sc400 witch i just painted last night

post-106016-1260055065_thumb.jpg

post-106016-1260055086_thumb.jpg

post-106016-1260055102_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

im 15 and i have a 1995 Lexus SC400 and my cousin is 18 with a 93 Supra TT, and i have alot of friends into cars. alot of young people are into toyotas, lexus's and imports peroid so you are a idiot. Esscee400, your SC is nice. i wish my SC had the 97+ body on it. the JIC Magic body kit is pretty nice to. heres a good website to look into parts for the SC. they have the JIC magic kit. www.luxurymods.com

You're an Ex honda guy.

The tsx is nice.

It has a lot of power.

Again I'm asking.

I believe the SC400 to be an exceptional car and the one pictured here to be a current and future classic Japanese Super Car. I see no Super cars in the Honda/Acura lineup.

You fail to support your argument and your conclusions are fraught with logical fallacies. English is not your first language, no? Not to mention, Audis and VWs are hindteet... having owned them both (VR6, S8), I can say from experience they are exceptionally fun to drive and cost more than the pleasure in repairs... I'll take an SC400 any day over the newest German Fixinbreakenfarfromrunin. <_<

You're an Ex honda guy.

The tsx is nice.

It has a lot of power.

Again I'm asking.

I believe the SC400 to be an exceptional car and the one pictured here to be a current and future classic Japanese Super Car. I see no Super cars in the Honda/Acura lineup.

You fail to support your argument and your conclusions are fraught with logical fallacies. English is not your first language, no? Not to mention, Audis and VWs are hindteet... having owned them both (VR6, S8), I can say from experience they are exceptionally fun to drive and cost more than the pleasure in repairs... I'll take an SC400 any day over the newest German Fixinbreakenfarfromrunin. <_<

Well spoken! :cheers: Although I'm beginning to think that slamming airheads is a bit like p1ssing in the wind ... there's nothing really substantial to aim at.

New member here, so I'm going to introduce my self and my baby. I'm also a member on ClubLexus with the same screen name. I have only had the car for about 2 months now, so I have done as much as I could do to it before it started getting cold here. Mods I have done are in my sig, and further mods are most likely on hold until the spring and warmer weather B)

Welcome to the LOC and congrats on the new ride! :cheers: Nice pics. Keep us posted on your build.

I'm a 21 year old college student from the Cincinnati/Northern KY area. If anyone else is in here in my area, let me know! I'm an ex Honda-head, I've built several NA and FI setups on just about any Honda motor you can think of. My bosted ITR clone that I traded straight-up for this SC was last dynoed at 476 hp to the wheels, but I still think I got the better end of the trade, I love this thing!

Welcome to the club! Your SC is amazing, looks like it just rolled off the showroom! Every time I see one I want one more and more! And to that a** hat who was talking about young people not buying Lexuses, I was 18 when I bought my ES and 19 when I got the RX so shove it!

You might want to check out planetsoar.com, lextreme.com and the posts by Jibbby before you modify your car. The sites have a lot of good information and Jibbby has a lot of experience with modifications. Better tires and brakes are a must if you substantially increase your HP. Good luck with your project!

I like what you've done Esscee400 B)

I love the mirror tint (reminds me of my old rx300's), i love the HID's with yellow fogs (i love that combination) and i love the condition it's in!

If i had to get an SC that's exactly how mine would look like too <_<

I'm 20yrs old and it's true, you will hear people putting the Lexus down, but it's just because they're jealous! :rolleyes:

I am 54yrs. and I drive a 93 SC 400. I have 18's after market mufflers(chrome), cold air intake. I can't even stop at the gas station without some young guy asking to buy it. So in reply to the gentleman who couldn't understand why a young guy would want an SC! I guess they just don't like them on Mars, were he lives!

P.S. I also have wood grain kit on the console with a in-dash cd/dvd player, 2 Memphis 4" speakers on each door (stock tweeters) two Alpine R-type 6.5 speakers in the rear deck. the bass comes from one Kenwood 10" thin mount speaker in the rear deck and 2 JL Audio 10" speakers in a box. the mids and highs are pushed by a 600 watt peak amp and the bass is pushed by an 1100 watt peak amp. The point! My car looks good and sounds good as I roll down the highway! But not as good as yours, ESScee!!!