Why Won't The Seat Belt An Door Indicator Come On.

93LSOwner

Why don’t the indicator on the instrument panel light up, when the doors are opened and the seat belt are not fastened. The indicators that light up if the doors are opened and seat belt is not fastened. Both of them are beside each other.

I'm talking about when the car is started, don't come on when it is in Park, Reverse, or in Drive.

Is there a button that I need to press ON or something is broken? :(

It sounds like both of you guys have blown bulbs. My "door open" light does not illuminate either, but this is the only instrument light that does not work. When I first got it, I noticed that I did not see my "airbag" light coming on. I took it to Lexus to be checked and it turned out that the previous owner had the airbag disconnected and the bulb removed, because they did not want the airbag to deploy in a crash. They reconnected it, reset it and installed a new bulb for $30. If I had of known that they were going to remove the cluster/cover, I would have gotten them to replace my door open light as well, as I am sure that is the problem.

93LS: I am guessing your bulbs are blown, as no one would have no cause to remove these bulbs, I would not think.

MIG: If your ABS is working, I would also guess that your bulb is blown as well- but at least you know that ABS is working. You are right about the location. On the 90-92s, it reads "anti-lock" and is located on the bottom of the cluster. I think that on the 93-94s, that it is up in the middle of the clister and says "ABS". My "anti-lock" light comes on for a few seconds after the switch is turned on, then goes off as normal.

BTW- I did just remember- I do not think that my "low fuel" light does not work either. I have had it as low as the "E" mark and it never illuminated. Perhaps a bad bulb, or something wrong with the actual sensor. Does anyone else have a non-operating" low-fuel warning lamp?

Its odd that these cars seem to "commonly" have blown warning light bulbs, as it really does not seem to be much of a problem on most other cars.

The door ajar light is an easy problem to troubleshoot and can be caused by the door open switch. Problems with these switches can cause a host of problems. It is unlikely that you have 4 bad door switches so if the light doesn't come on when you open the drivers door, open the other doors and see if it comes on. If it fails to come on when you open any of the doors, it can very likely be a bad bulb. If it comes on with any of the other doors open, the bulb is obviously ok. If the problem turns out to be a switch, email me at obergc@cox.net and I will send you a procedure for cleaning and repairing the switches at almost zero cost.

Very true. I thought that this may be the problem with my car, so I opened all of the doors to see if that was the case. However it was not, as it does not come on when any of the doors are opened. This switch problem is also a common problem on Hondas-Acuras.

Here's a picture of what the little boot thing looks like that you need to peel back at squirt some WD40 into; then, just work the switch...I had the same problem on my ES... http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...pe=post&id=8461 . Here's the tread with all of the details... http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...wtopic=1731&hl=

:cheers:

Just the door indictor.

The seat belt light comes on but goes off later, even when the driver is not wearing the belt.

These are the lights behind the tachometer from "left to right"

1. Low oil pressure warning light

2. Discharge warning light (battery)

3. Open door warning light

4. Brake system warning light (handbrake)

5. Seat belt reminder light

6. SRS warning light

The front personal light in the center upfornt. If you set it on "Door" it should turn on and off depending on if the doors are opened or not.

Well this is my story if I set it on "Door" it turns on and stays on even when all the doors are tightly closed. So, this can show that the rubber door switches need to be gressed.

But, the light under neath each door that lights up when that particular door is uponed. That light shuts down when the door is closed.

This is what I tried. I put the center personal light on "Door" and uponed the driver sides door. Then I pressed in the rubber switch with my hand the light on the door stopped lighting but the center personal light was still on.

So, the rubber switch works. I guess????????

Kind of confusing!

There are actually two switch circuits in each door switch. Not saying that is positively what is causing your problem but it's possible that one switch circuit is ok while the second circuit could be dirty. If you open the drivers door and without inserting the key in the ignition switch, are your seat memory switches working properly? They are also controlled by the door switch without having the key in the ignition.

Mine has a few quirky problems:

1) The rear burnt-bulb indicator for the brake lights come on and off intermittently, when the bulbs are fine. I've also noticed the bulbs themselves go on and off intermittently, but not along with the indicators.

2) When I start my car in the winter (in MI) the dash and control lights and displays stay off until about 15 min, then they flicker on dimly. Hard to tell how fast you're going.

3) There's a noticeable dim in the headlights when I use my brakes.

These all seem to be related somehow. I'm not mechanically inclined but I want to say it's the battery? Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks