Where Did You Road-trip This Year?

We're lacking a little activity on this forum!! Let's start a new topic that everyone will enjoy.....

Where did you road-trip this year in your Lexus?

Mine:

LA to Phx

LA to San Fran

LA to San Diego (4 times)

LA to Santa Barbara (3 times)

LA to Tucson

How about you?

Pics of my IS 250 if you want to check them out: http://www.stuffbox.com/Box/?bid=50025

post-105945-1259687114_thumb.jpg

Just the normal:

Claremont (Eastern edge of L.A. County) to San Diego.

Claremont to Palm Springs.

Always heading in to L.A./Beverly Hills for dinner from Claremont.

We don't drive too far, hubby can't tolerate sitting in the car for that long!

Houston to Laredo Mexico x2. As soon as you cross the border the nav screen is nothing but.......sand.....but you can leave bread crumbs and trace your route and follow your way back like.....what is that nursery rhyme?

Houston to Austin

Houston to Plantersville

1000 mile loop including Death Valley and Reno NV---

San Francisco area to Bakersfield on I5 (crowded and dull driving), but then came a nice run over the mountains to Mojave. The a great run from Mojave to Olancha on SR14 and US395; very smooth roads and very little traffic- very high cruise speeds. SR190 from Olancha to Death Valley has several long straights and some good curved sections over two mountain ranges. In the mountains watch for a "DIP" sign followed by a steep up slope; the next thing you see is sky, skid marks and scrapes.

The entire road to Death Valley was the best drive I've had in a long time. It looked as if all the maintenance money and none of the traffic was found on those desert roads.

From Death Valley it was back out via SR190 to US395 and on to Reno NV. There a several high passes and curved sections to add interest. Traffic was light and the urge to speed was strong, but the CHP and sheriff’s deputies were everywhere.

Traffic in the Carson valley and Reno area is bad and Nevada highway signs are worse.

On the leg back to the Bay Area we were caught in sudden snow storm from the 7000 foot level down to 5000 feet. At no time did we encounter chain restrictions and when a big rig jack knifed and blocked the westbound lanes we began to worry. The outside air temp was 32F or above but the road began to ice. We were stopped on a slight slope and I have to say it was a bit scary when the car gave a lurch and began to slide off to the side. When a Cadillac SUV about 10 yards ahead was able to get straightened out and move forward I used the Snow mode to follow in his tracks. I never thought that I would ever use the Snow mode! :unsure:

So a trip over the Sierra that I would normally do at speeds of 70 or more became one of 20 mph.

Bad weather aside, my wife and I really enjoyed our ~1000+ miles in her IS250 and the F-Sport sways I installed made the mountain sections a pleasure. Although I must also add that in crossing several passes at up to 8000 feet and 80mph, the 250 was working hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Big trip for us was from Seattle to Napa Valley, CA. Actually made use of the Lexus concierge services for free tastings at a couple of wineries.

Trunk on the 350 is definitely small. Had to strap the luggage into the back seats to make room in the trunk. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Love the road trips! Took two this spring/ summer. First was Milwaukee, Wi to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Stopped in Memphis, TN for a day and night on the way down.

Second trip was to Atlantic City, NJ via Cleveland for a day and night, then Philadelphis for two nights, then Atlantic City.. and Pittsburgh on the way home.