Fog Light Replacement Help

muz

Hello,

I have a 2004 GX and my foglight has gone out. I need help with a step by step method on how to replace the bulb.

Thanks in advance!

The last time a mechanic installed the HID (after market) fog light for me, he went behind the front fender,( from under),

he removed the fog light housing by loosen one screw, and only took him 10 min, I looked at it from under the fender too, should be easy to change a light bulb.Mine is 04 GX also.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I have a 2004 GX and my foglight has gone out. I need help with a step by step method on how to replace the bulb.

Thanks in advance!

You need to remove the housing in order to replace the fog light bulb. The housing is hold together by the hex bolt and the clip. You need to lay on the floor and look up behind the bumper.

Here are the steps:

1) Use #10 socket to remove the bolt

2) Press the clip while pushing the housing forward.

3) Turn the round rubber CCW to show the wiring. There are 2 wires, one wire is from the rubber attaches to the light bulb, and the other one from the light bulb attaches to the rubber.

4) Remove both wires, and the metal clip to hold the light bulb.

When install the light bulb, revese the steps.

Good luck.

• 9 months later...
Hello,

Thanks in advance!

You need to remove the housing in order to replace the fog light bulb. The housing is hold together by the hex bolt and the clip. You need to lay on the floor and look up behind the bumper.

Here are the steps:

3) Turn the round rubber CCW to show the wiring. There are 2 wires, one wire is from the rubber attaches to the light bulb, and the other one from the light bulb attaches to the rubber.

Good luck.

Does the fog light need to be aim? Not even sure if there is anything that allows you to adjust it.

I read it on 4runner forum that their fog lights have a aiming wheel/gear you can adjust.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Thanks in advance!

You need to remove the housing in order to replace the fog light bulb.  The housing is hold together by the hex bolt and the clip.  You need to lay on the floor and look up behind the bumper.

Here are the steps:

3) Turn the round rubber CCW to show the wiring.  There are 2 wires, one wire is from the rubber attaches to the light bulb, and the other one from the light bulb attaches to the rubber.

Good luck.

Does the fog light need to be aim? Not even sure if there is anything that allows you to adjust it.

I read it on 4runner forum that their fog lights have a aiming wheel/gear you can adjust.

no, you just put the new bulb in and away you go!