Side Mirror Removal 1st Gen Ls

dpellet

Hi,

My passenger side mirror has a little bit of a wobble in it. I tried accessing the screws underneath to tighten it up but the one I need is to close to the door to reach without taking the mirror off.

I have searched but cannot find anyone who has recorded how it's taken off.

I have the door panel off, screen to tweeter and tweeter are out. I can see one screw inside the corner and have started to loosen it but seems like there is more holding it on but I cannot see any other screws or bolts.

Anyone done this that can give me a couple of tips as to how to get it off.

Thanks,

Hi,

To access the door mirror fixings you have to remove the trim ( Lexus call it the Garnish) that goes around the top half of the door frame between the rubber door seal and the glass ( it is color coded to your trim)

I know it just clips on and you start removal along the vertical edge ( door lock side) and then unclip it off.

Once removed you can then get to the 3 screws holding the door mirror on.

I have never removed it so just be careful not to break any clips.

Below is an exploded view which may help ( the part to remove is on the top right of the diagram)

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_1993_LEXU...GKA_6701.3.html

One screw is indeed behind the tweeter. The other two are behind the rubber weatherstripping on the outer edge of the door that seals it to the body. Gently pull it back near the mirror and you'll see the screw heads.

One screw is indeed behind the tweeter. The other two are behind the rubber weatherstripping on the outer edge of the door that seals it to the body. Gently pull it back near the mirror and you'll see the screw heads.

Excellent, thanks!