Traction Control

gte_wanna_b

Hi, I'm new to the forum and sc300s so please forgive me if this is a dumb question. I don't like the beating and banging the trac control does so I want to turn it off. Simple enough but I rescued my sc from a field and the interior is... mostly in the trunk. Is there supposed to be a switch somewhere or can I just pull the fuse? If I pull the fuse will that disable any other sensors? After doing a search I notice the O2 sensors can throw the trac light. Does this mean they're on the same circuit?

any help would be appreciated

thanks

It might help to put your car's model year in the "car model" field.

If your car has traction control -- it was optional for the SC300/400 in all model years -- there should be a switch to turn it off.

Lots of issues can cause the Trac warning light to come on -- doesn't mean that the component causing the problem is on the same circuit.

Sure, if there is a fuse labled Trac, try pulling it.

Thanks, I guess I'll just pull the fuse. Can anyone fill me in on where the switch goes, what it plugs into, where can I get one? I've looked through my bucket o parts and I have no switch. I'm sure there is trac control. I have the fuse, its not a dummy fuse. Shortly after wondering how much power my lil dose of lexipro had I heard and felt beating and banging at the rear. 92 sc300 5speed

I'm sure there is trac control. I have the fuse, its not a dummy fuse.

Just because you have a fuse in the slot where the Trac fuse goes doesn't mean your car has TRAC. Traction control was not all that common on early Lexus cars and the early SC300 5-speed often came with especially minimal equipment. If your car has TRAC, it will have easily seen module in the engine compartment labeled Trac or Traction Control and your car will also have heated seats: http://www.lexus.com/contact/pdf/1992/1992SCspecs.pdf

You can see some of the Trac components on diagrams here: http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_U_1992_LEXU....html?hl=47547G

Woah. I thought they all came with TRAC.

My 95 SC300 Automatic seems to have the light on the dash board upon start up and even does that noise when you first turn the wheel after first starting the car. The noise I'm referring to is like a laser sound or a laser gun being shot off, then goes away quickly. Sounds like a motor firing on or something. I was under the impression that that noise was the TRAC system engaging and or self checking.

Am I completely off base with the noise I hear?

• 11 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/10/2021 at 11:31 PM, Viettran said:

I have a 1993 sc400 but there’s no traction control button, any idea how I can turn it off so I can do some donuts?

Any idea yet? I have a 1995 sc400 and I wanna rip this thang. No esu fuse or something like that 😞 I can pull the abs fuse but I'm not sure if that fully does the trick. Let me know 🙏