Wheel Information For 1st Gen

R K TEC

I was wondering if anybody could tell me if Lexus stock wheels for my 1994 SC400 are forged, gravity cast, etc.....and also why oem from the dealer is $1500 for a new set of four.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for where to go to purchase halfway affordable chrome OEM wheels?

And also what the stock finishes were for any of the 1st gen 1990-1994 Lexi wheels?

Thanks

post-87433-1259467127_thumb.jpg

Although it looks like the SC in the photo in the specs has chrome wheels, no official wheel options were listed for the 1994 SC400: http://www.lexus.com/contact/pdf/1994/1994SCspecs.pdf Of course, Lexus dealers often provided aftermarket wheels including aftermarket chrome wheels.

As for the wheel price from the Lexus dealer, parts.com shows a list price of $469.71 for the standard 1994 SC400 wheel and they sell it for $324.74.

If your wheels are in at all decent condition, they can be refurbished and chromed or rechromed if you want. You can google and find companies that refurbish and chrome wheels. My next door neighbor had his LS wheels rechromed through a local wheel shop. I've read that chroming is a particularly nasty job with environmental hazards and that relatively few companies provide chroming services ... i.e. lots of wheels shops use the same chroming service.

Thanks for the info pdf....I forgot to mention the wheels that are on my car right now are aftermarkets put on by the previous owner..turns out the brand is sold at sears

but anyone else know if 1990-1994 lexus oem wheels were forged? or any other wheel production process?