Took The Sc300 The Dragstrip Today...

rabidus

I only got 3 runs in, it was pretty packed... I think there were 211 cars running... I weighed the car and it weighed 3351 lbs with the Corbeau's, no back seats(-25 lbs) and no spare tire(-49 lbs)... I could have got another run in but didn't feel like staying any longer... The first run, I had my lady in the car with the spare tire in the trunk and I ran a 15.842@89.25, I didn't really get a good launch, I had a 2.338, 60' time... The second run, I removed the lady and the spare tire and ran 15.780@91.06, I had a really bad 60' time of 2.508, the tires just spun... The third run, I dropped the air pressure to 29 psi and ran a 15.492@90.67... I got a 60' time of 2.245... Second gear is what's hurting my times, I think... Red line is around 6500 rpms and when I shift to second it drops to about 4000 rpms and when I shift to third it drops to about 4900 rpms, I think third is where I pick up time compared to a time slip from my Si... If second gear droped to only 4900 rpms, I think my times would be much better... I ran with stock engine, stock intake and air filter, and stock exaust... I have my timing set at 12 degrees, stock is 10 degrees... I wanted to play with the timing but didn't because of lack of runs...

R/T.... .819

60'.... 2.245

330.... 6.529

1/8.... 10.008

MPH.... 70.74

1000.... 12.992

1/4.... 15.492

MPH.... 90.67

Thats really not a bad time all things considered. I mean, youre runnin the N/A 2jz, right? Your R/T is killin you though... Once you get used to taking off on the third yellow thatll come down to the .6's. As for second gear...well, you have a stock car so maybe with the exhaust upgrade youll push your torque up a bit.

hey what a coincidence i went to the strip yesterday too. i didnt drive but i went for my friends honda i practically built(turbo) his fastest run was a 13.6 @105 but nothing beats those bikes out there in th 9's doing 150 :wacko:

Thats really not a bad time all things considered. I mean, youre runnin the N/A 2jz, right? Your R/T is killin you though... Once you get used to taking off on the third yellow thatll come down to the .6's. As for second gear...well, you have a stock car so maybe with the exhaust upgrade youll push your torque up a bit.

I'm not picking at you but why does everyone mention reaction time(R/T) when it has nothing to do with 1/4 mile time??? R/T is a clock that determines how fast you move from the time the light turns green, as soon as your front tires move, that clock stops and the 1/4 mile clock starts... It only matters if you are racing a car that runs close to the same times as you or bracket racing, if you are lined up next to an 11.9@117mph Mustang, which I was, then it really doesn't matter how fast you react!!! I was working on launching the car good, my best R/T in my Civic is .528, I also hit .659, .577, .629, .691 on the same night...

I know that a intake, header and exaust may release some power, but a close ratio transmission would also help take full advantage of the cars power... My Civic has a close ratio transmission, it has a red line of 8000rpms and every shift drops it to 6000rpms everytime...

There was a woman on a drag bike that ran in the 7 second range, they also had some top fuelers there running in the 7's... I know someone with a '94ish Civic hatchback with an Acura Integra Type R motor, transmission and ECU in it that ran 13.9@99mph...

My bad, i always do bracket. It was fun when i had my 89 mazda 323 going up against a 70s Nova. Thats just what im used to. Racing for time instead of speed that is. I think i would kill myself on a bike that did 7secs in a 1/4. Im not really into the sport bikes that much anyways. I like to cruise around on it, but thats about it. Now give me the Duece Coupe with a Weiland blower and thats a different story.

how about a getrag 6 speed for that close ratio :lol: is it close ratio? :blushing: well its all good and your alot faster than factory specs with a pro diriver doing times but well you weigh a bit less with your seats tires and lady removed :lol: so turbo coming next? :lol:

how about a getrag 6 speed for that close ratio :lol:  is it close ratio?:blushing:  well its all good and your alot faster than factory specs with a pro diriver doing times but well you weigh a bit less with your seats tires and lady removed :lol:  so turbo coming next? :lol:

I looked at the ratios of that transmission but I don't know how it would be with my final drive ratio, I have to do more research!!! I'm not really looking to go all that fast, If I can get into the 14's, I'll be happy... I'll probably do intake, header, exaust, clutch and lightened flywheel, hopefully that will be enough... I like the road course alot better than the dragstrip, I only go to the dragstrip to see how fast it is with different mods that I've installed...

I think i would kill myself on a bike that did 7secs in a 1/4. Im not really into the sport bikes that much anyways.

I love motorcycles also, I have a '03 Honda CBR600 F4i... The fastest it would go is 152mph, it's my first bike and I put over 5100 miles on it in the first three months and needed to change the tires... I have 6500+ miles on it now, it's to cold for me to ride it now though, I only have a leather jacket, no pants... There a road course just for motorcycles call Jennings GP in Florida that I want to go to when I get some leatner pants and a trailer to get it down there...

I mean swap the differential.

Wow. 3351 lbs. Is that accurate? The 95 sc300 weighs about 3550. Subtract 49 and 25 and you get 3476. Subtract 3351 and you get 125 lbs. The seats can't be 125 lbs saved, so is it from your wheels; half tank of gas?

I mean swap the differential.

Wow. 3351 lbs. Is that accurate? The 95 sc300 weighs about 3550. Subtract 49 and 25 and you get 3476. Subtract 3351 and you get 125 lbs. The seats can't be 125 lbs saved, so is it from your wheels; half tank of gas?

The seats weighed around 74 lbs each!!! The Corbeau's weigh 27 lbs without the brackets!!! I weighed the car with the spare tire in the car and it weighed 3400 lbs exactly... I weighed the spare once before and it weighed 49 lbs, so I just substracted it... My RX7 wheels, 16x8 with 245/50/16, with tire weighs 39 lbs each, the stock 16x6.5 with bald 225/55/16 tire weighs 37 lbs each... They have a scale at the track...

the lightened fly wheel will make the most difference. drove my friends (in a honda) and well its kind of fun because the motor revs really freely but the down side is that when its at idle the rpms rise and fall so i guess you call that a rough idle and well the clutch gets some getting used to depending on how light it is i stalled the damn thing :blushing: well its ok my friend stalled it to and he's in top5 in our local scca (this is a 1.5L crx beating s2000's and so on) so with all of those mods i believe you can hit 14's good luck! :D