Radio - No Power - Gs300 2001

.... The radio on my sister in law's GS300 won't power up. I checked the fuses listed in the owners manual, number 11 and number 40 (Radio #1 and Radio #2) and they are ok. Anyone ever encounter this type of problem? Any ideas appreciated.

Dan Curtis.

• 5 months later...

.... The radio on my sister in law's GS300 won't power up. I checked the fuses listed in the owners manual, number 11 and number 40 (Radio #1 and Radio #2) and they are ok. Anyone ever encounter this type of problem? Any ideas appreciated.

Dan Curtis.

I have the same problem. My radio was playing just fine but I cut the car off after lunch and when I came back, it was off and has no power.Did you ever figure out a fix for this? Was your old radio ever tested? Did you try any aftermarket products?

• 3 years later...

Anybody get a fix for this? Mine is doing it too.

Hi Todd and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club.

My first guess is still a fuse check. I don't know the layout for a 2001 GS, but I did find a complete layout of all fused circuits for a 2010. I realize there are probably some diffrances, but the one thing I did discover is that in th 2010 there are 3 fuse links for the audio, not just 2. All of those fuses are located in the fuse box under the hood, top left hand side. There are 2 "audio system" 30 amp fuses for the amplifier. There is 1 "audio system" radio fuse. These appear to be the only fuses designated for the head unit/radio.

It is always best to pull the fuse out to make sure it is blown or not.

Paul

• 1 year later...

I have the exact same problem with the radio's sudden death. It is a original oem radio without a navigation. The 2001 fuse layout is different from that of 2010 model. The 2001 model has only 2 fuses related to RADIO (#11 & #40) as micropterus indicated. And I checked both fuses and they are OK.

Has anyone find out a resolution or fix? Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...