Oil Problem

i recently did an oil change on my 03gs300 and im sure guy i bought the car from was using synthetic..So im at the store buying oil somehow i buy regular 5w30 oil and i dont even relize until doing the oil change....so now should i change it again and use synthetic or is it ok for now and drive it for 3000 miles or less cause i feel like changing back rite now would be bad So wat do you guys think thanx...

i recently did an oil change on my 03gs300 and im sure guy i bought the car from was using synthetic..So im at the store buying oil somehow i buy regular 5w30 oil and i dont even relize until doing the oil change....so now should i change it again and use synthetic or is it ok for now and drive it for 3000 miles or less cause i feel like changing back rite now would be bad So wat do you guys think thanx...

I am no authority and you should call the manufacturers of the oil(s) to verify..... but I always read that the two kind of oils can be 'interchanged' [this why you do not have to flush the engine when you switch to synthetic from mineral]. But don't take my word for it, check with the manufacturers (particularly the synthetic oil manufacturer). Best of luck!

I don't think it's harmful to use the regular for now and swap at 3K miles to synthetic. If you drive a (old) car that is used to regular oil, a swap to synthetic can sometimes generate problems.

It might not 'feel' right, but for now you should let it for what it is and swap to synthetic again at 3K.