Fuel Economy

Lately I have been getting really good gas mileage. On my tank right now the computer is averaging between 27-28 MPG. I never thought I could get it up that high with the 350. And I am not even trying to save gas either. I bet I could gain a few points if I drove in a sort of "econo" mode.

That's great. I just put the first tank in my 350 so I don't know what kind of mileage I can get. That was a good thing about my MINI; I could bye Jeckyll or Hyde (floor it for fun or granny it for MPG)

Is this a change from what you were getting? Any differences in driving style, gas, tires, etc?

That's great. I just put the first tank in my 350 so I don't know what kind of mileage I can get. That was a good thing about my MINI; I could bye Jeckyll or Hyde (floor it for fun or granny it for MPG)

Is this a change from what you were getting? Any differences in driving style, gas, tires, etc?

Usually when I pay attention it stays around 22-23mpg. But the past few tanks I have not been so "lead footed". I use Shell V-Power and have the factory Bridgestone tires.

Usually when I pay attention it stays around 22-23mpg. But the past few tanks I have not been so "lead footed". I use Shell V-Power and have the factory Bridgestone tires.

I do the math on my phone just about every tank. I divide the miles I drove which is usually about 280-290 miles on a tank by how much fuel just went in. I almost always come up with 19.

I do the math on my phone just about every tank. I divide the miles I drove which is usually about 280-290 miles on a tank by how much fuel just went in. I almost always come up with 19.

I did that a few days ago to see if the gauge was correct. For some reason the gas gauge thinks the tank is lower than it is. Tank holds 17 gallons? I always drive it till after DTE states 0 and I can only squeeze at the most 14 gallons. And I was at around 380 miles on one tank. Which is around 27mpg.

Well first off the MPG meter on the car is not correct, they never have been. I get about 19.8 or so when I do the math when the onboard computer tells me I have nearly 21 MPG. I had a IS250 awd for a year and then sold it for a 350. I can honestly say the 350 gets the same gas mileage, actually alitte better on the hwy as I got 32 MPG on a 250 mile trip. The 250 is underpowered so even the most easy moves takes alot more from the motor which results in worse gas mileage. Everything about the 350 is done with ease and barely strains the motor. I noticed with my 250 I was always revving the motor out to get minimal power, always hanging around 6k rpms, the 350 will do the same in under 4k rpms. At 6k in my 250 I was doing the speed limit or alittle more just trying to pass, in the 350 6k rpms is jail time as your doing 90+ very quickly. That's just my personal expeirence with both cars.....

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

19mpg with led foot on 2006 IS350... With no tune ups, only oil changes.... I get 21mpg average... 23 if I drive 65 and be very conscientious of my driving habits.... I live in San Diego so we have a lot of hills going from one mesa to another..