Difference Between Lexus And Toyota Models

dougjohn

I know that essentially the GX470 and the 4Runner are the same vehicle mechanically. But there are obviously differences in ammenities and features. What are the differences, does any have a list of what the GX has versus the 4Runner?

For the sake of the comparison, would you compare the GX470 with the v8 4Runner (which I think has 3rd row seats as an option).

Thanks,

Doug

i studied the GX and the 4-runner pretty closely at a recent auto show. They were pretty much different in numerous ways. I mean practically evey piece and part of the GX interior is different just like the exterior is.

I was also surprized at how different the interior and some mechanicals of the ES330 were compared to the Toyota Camry XLE V6. About the only things that were the same were small details like the

levers for the power seats. Dash or door trim designs were all different as was the stiching on the leather. Opening and closing the doors, hood and trunk of the ES330 revealed how the ES was more accoustically and mechanically refined than the Camry and worth (in my opinion) the approx 5,000 price premium (part of which is recovered at resale time).

...the approx 5,000 price premium (part of which is recovered at resale time).

It's interesting that you mention that because I have found it to be the opposite with the LX450. The original price premium is completely lost with the LX 450 (as compared with the Land Cruiser). Not that I'm complaining -- it saved me quite a bit in my purchases.

This must differ from model to model. Interesting...

• 2 weeks later...

i thought the gx and 4 runner were different truck platforms?

the sequoia looks identical as the 4 runner is lower in head room and you are sitting almost parellel to the floor for greater clearence but icould be wrong

we don;t have the gx here yet