Gasoline, Which Company Has What In It?

AxlxA

I wanted to know what gas should be used for the ES. I use chevron for convenient purposes but i hear that techron supposedly dirty up ur motor. what is techron? what does it do? if any of u have knowledge of chemistry, dont be shy to share it.

i've also heard that the 76's gas can clean up the motor a little bit. so people suggest alternating between chevron and 76. is there any basis to this?

chevron, 76, shell, olympian, arco, texaco, BP, etc etc. please advise

I believe that if you use any "name" brand gasoline with the octane rating that your car calls for, then you should be in good shape. ;)

You can read this about Techron, but naturally it sounds great because it was written by the Chevron company :rolleyes:http://www.chevron.com/prodserv/fuels/tech...s/history.shtml

The only problem is that different areas have different gas chains. For instance, no Arco, 76, or Olympian here. All Texacos here are now Shells (which will eventually happen everywhere) and we just now have BP after they bought Amoco. Then we have Exxon, Chevron (Rare), Mobil (same as Exxon), and increasingly a chain called "Liberty".

I know steviej will chime in on this so I'll let him explain it but basically all brand name gas is pretty much the same, with a can of additives added. Generally its best for the motor if you skip around gas types.

nawh, you pretty guys pretty much nailed it on the head.

The secret is in the mix-ins that go in each brand's tanker truck. That information I am sure if proprietarty information.

I pretty much use Exxon/Mobil cause of the cool SpeedPass thingie. We got a Chevron station not too far away, so I will hit that every once in a while.

steviej

Studies have been done on this subject in Canada. Up here, we have 4 major fuel company's.....Shell, Sunoco, Petro Canada & Esso (Esso has links to Exxon/Mobil). The study showed that the VERY best fuel by far was Sunoco (all grades especially the ultra 94) which has the lowest sulphur content PPM & also contained ethonol which is good for the environment & your emission control equipment. Second was Shell, then Petro Canada & way at the bottom was Esso due to the extremely high sulphur content PPM (more than double that of Sunoco). Very noticable on performance when ultra 94 is used. When I travel to the states, I usually use Sunoco or Citgo.

:cheers:

i used to only fill up my car with ether 89 or 91 chevron techron gas. now i'll try to stick with premium grade and pimp around all the gas stations. Primium is gonna put a dent in my wallet cause San Francisco has one of the highest gas prices!!!!