02 Rx300 Tranny With 110k Miles R.i.p

lexdog

02 rx300 "Devoted to Family" and beloved family car, passed away Nov. 18 after a long battle with Tranny Failure Disease ( TFD ). The rx300 was surrounded by his driver and mechanic at his garage in salt lake city.

On a daily commute the rx300 was traveling north bound when TFD overcome the rx300 and it lost all acceleration. Upon further inspection TFD had cased major damage resulting in complete failure.

The rx300 possessed a love of life and touched everyone that drove with it. It will be remembered by its driver not only as the Honey Mobile but a best friend, a protector, a problem solver, an accomplice in mischief and a teacher of life's lessons. It lives on through it memories to whom drove it and rode in it Survived by its driver.

The rx300 tranny was truly loved will be missed

R.I.P LEXUS RX300 TRANSMISSION

:(

LOL, I get emails regarding new posts here but that was one I had to read. Very funny! What caused the failure? high cholesterol from fatty transmission fluids?

Aawahaha thats funny I kept the Rx300 on a hi octane and synthetic diet, but it was setup for failure The rx300 was born with The Tranny Failure Disease and

with all rx300's it was just a matter of time.

Initially it was a P0768 Malfunction in solenoid D, that trigger the TFD We rushed the rx300 to a mechanic to perform Open tranny surgery and the bad solenoid was replaced, After a few days complications followed a block in one of the valve bodies so bypass surgery was required after intense week of work all seemed to be good and the Rx300 was recovering well

2 months later the tranny failed ;)

LOL, I get emails regarding new posts here but that was one I had to read. Very funny! What caused the failure? high cholesterol from fatty transmission fluids?

Aawahaha thats funny I kept the Rx300 on a hi octane and synthetic diet, but it was setup for failure The rx300 was born with The Tranny Failure Disease and

Initially it was a P0768 Malfunction in solenoid D, that trigger the TFD We rushed the rx300 to a mechanic to perform Open tranny surgery and the bad solenoid was replaced, After a few days complications followed a block in one of the valve bodies so bypass surgery was required after intense week of work all seemed to be good and the Rx300 was recovering well

The operation was successful, but the patient died....

I remember a thread (was it on this forum?) of someone replacing a dead RX300 transmission with a (only very slightly) used (2002?) Toyota Highlander transmission... said it was a perfect fit and cost in the $2Ks. There might yet be life after death.

I remember a thread (was it on this forum?) of someone replacing a dead RX300 transmission with a (only very slightly) used (2002?) Toyota Highlander transmission... said it was a perfect fit and cost in the $2Ks. There might yet be life after death.

Yep I initially post the P0768 Malfunction here but I guess getting the tranny rebuilt was inevitable.

The shop asking 4000 to rebuild the dealer says they want to look at it first but somewere around 5000 to 6000. Right now with work cutting back 4000 to 6000 in repairs is a bit much but 2k would be more manageable.

Were would I start looking for a Highlander Tranny ???

Yep I initially post the P0768 Malfunction here but I guess getting the tranny rebuilt was inevitable.

The shop asking 4000 to rebuild the dealer says they want to look at it first but somewere around 5000 to 6000. Right now with work cutting back 4000 to 6000 in repairs is a bit much but 2k would be more manageable.

Were would I start looking for a Highlander Tranny ???

Sorry - cannot advise on where to find one. But I remember the post from a while ago, and thought the info. may be of use. Maybe some other member of the forum could assist?