How To Activate Voice Recognition?

Just tried it on mine. I pressed once on the Voice command on the steering wheel and an audible speech says 'voice recognition is not available on this screen" while the screen displays voice recognition is not available on this screen and that I have to be in the telephone menu, and when I'm in the telephone menu, I get Voicetag is not available. If I pressed and hold the button, I get 'speech recognition is finished'!!!.

I'm thinking we've been short-changed again.

You must enter VOICETAG into the Phonebook of your RX. At the Telephone screen go to Phonebook, choose one entry, go to EDIT, now you are able to edit this entry, you must go to the second page of this edit where is VOICETAG. There you will record the name. It is finished now.

It works with my 1st generation iPhone without problems, however iPhone by itself has no voice dial function.

Regards

Bluesman

Thanks Bluesman. I've got it working now. Need to go into the phonebook entry to add a number, then I had to scroll to the next screen to see the option to record the name. We had a bit of a laugh when I was demonstrating it to a few friends and I say one name and the system thinks it's another. Must be it's something to do with my accents...

is this for using the voice rec. for calling people's names in your phonebook?

Yes, it is. First record the name as Voice Tag and then you can voice dial from your RX. You must be at Telephone screen, then press the Speech button on the steering wheel and the voice will guide you through the next steps.