2010 Rx350 Bluetooth Contact Transfer

yozh

Getting so frustrated with this and looking for some help.

I just got 2010 RX350 no Nav and trying to transfer contacts from my phones, I tried with iPhone and of course it doesn't support it, I tried with blackberry pearl 8120 and it only transfers the first contact in address book and then stops, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I just got 2010 RX350 no Nav and trying to transfer contacts from my phones, I tried with iPhone and of course it doesn't support it, I tried with blackberry pearl 8120 and it only transfers the first contact in address book and then stops, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Transferring contacts from the iPhone is not possible as that profile is not enabled. For the 2010 RX the transfer has to be initiated from the vehicle. Essentially the vehicle pulls the contacts from the iPhone using the phonebook access protocol which the iPhone supports. It seems transferring contacts is easier on vehicles with nav. According to the owners manual, it looks like you initiate transfer either by voice command or the bluetooth selector knob if you don't have nav. So it is possible, but the owners manual is kind of confusing in it's process.

Transferring contacts from the iPhone is not possible as that profile is not enabled. For the 2010 RX the transfer has to be initiated from the vehicle. Essentially the vehicle pulls the contacts from the iPhone using the phonebook access protocol which the iPhone supports. It seems transferring contacts is easier on vehicles with nav. According to the owners manual, it looks like you initiate transfer either by voice command or the bluetooth selector knob if you don't have nav. So it is possible, but the owners manual is kind of confusing in it's process.

The manual says that the phone sends the contacts with phone book transfer. I see that I have to go to phonebook add entry, unless Im missing something ?

Or is there another command that can be used ?

The manual says that the phone sends the contacts with phone book transfer. I see that I have to go to phonebook add entry, unless Im missing something ?

You can use voice command "add entry" or use the tune-sel knob. Let's skip voice command and just use the sel knob. After "add entry" select "by phone" and then "confirm". Then it gets confusing as contact is then transferred but it isn't clear if you have to do anything on the phone to initiate or if it's automatic. I can't believe how poorly written the manual is written. For some stupid reason, if you transfer by voice command the contacts are referred to as phone numbers but if you transfer using the sel knob, your contacts are referred to as data. There's a third step that says select "next" to display data and select "confirm". Does this mean you can't transfer the phonebook only individual contacts?

Sorry I can't be more helpful but the manual is very vague.

You can use voice command "add entry" or use the tune-sel knob. Let's skip voice command and just use the sel knob. After "add entry" select "by phone" and then "confirm". Then it gets confusing as contact is then transferred but it isn't clear if you have to do anything on the phone to initiate or if it's automatic. I can't believe how poorly written the manual is written. For some stupid reason, if you transfer by voice command the contacts are referred to as phone numbers but if you transfer using the sel knob, your contacts are referred to as data. There's a third step that says select "next" to display data and select "confirm". Does this mean you can't transfer the phonebook only individual contacts?

Sorry I can't be more helpful but the manual is very vague.

This is crazy, eather I`m missing something or this thing is useless, I just decided to transfer the contacts one by one, by deleting the first entry that I already transferred and I went thru about 4 of them thinking that its all good, but then decided to check and none of them are in there, cuz I think it wants to record the voice name for each entry, thats crazy !

I`m also having another issue where bluetooth audio just starts playing when I get in to the car and stereo is set to BT-A. Basicly it autoplays ....

I should of got the Navigation, I feel so bad that I didnt.....

This is crazy, eather I`m missing something or this thing is useless, I just decided to transfer the contacts one by one, by deleting the first entry that I already transferred and I went thru about 4 of them thinking that its all good, but then decided to check and none of them are in there, cuz I think it wants to record the voice name for each entry, thats crazy !

I`m also having another issue where bluetooth audio just starts playing when I get in to the car and stereo is set to BT-A. Basicly it autoplays ....

Take a deep breath.

First, verify that your phone is compatible with the non-nav 2010 RX350 Bluetooth system: http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/product...=1&model=RX If your phone is not in the list, you may be on your own for now. Also, Lexus is not responsible for the poor implementation of Bluetooth on many phone handsets.

Become familiar with the section of your owners manual on Bluetooth. I've attached it for your convenience. Even if your phone is not listed on the Lexus website, page 362 of your RX owners manual has information about the requirements your handset must meet to be compatible.

2010_RX350_Bluetooth_wo_nav.pdf

Take a deep breath.

First, verify that your phone is compatible with the non-nav 2010 RX350 Bluetooth system: http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/product...=1&model=RX If your phone is not in the list, you may be on your own for now. Also, Lexus is not responsible for the poor implementation of Bluetooth on many phone handsets.

Become familiar with the section of your owners manual on Bluetooth. I've attached it for your convenience. Even if your phone is not listed on the Lexus website, page 362 of your RX owners manual has information about the requirements your handset must meet to be compatible.

Thanks for the reply, but as you might of read I went thru all of this...... Its not the phone its the lexus system and there instructions,

in the manual page 388

STEP2-3 Select the data to be registered by either of the follow- ing methods:
a. Say “Previous” or “Next” until the desired data is dis- played, and select “Confirm” using a voice com- mand.

b. Select the desired data using (pictures of the nub)

What does that mean ? when I do book transfer it shows the first number there is no option to say prev or next it just shows the number/name and it wants a voice command to associate with the number.......

Thanks for the reply, but as you might of read I went thru all of this...... Its not the phone its the lexus system and there instructions,

in the manual page 388

a. Say “Previous” or “Next” until the desired data is dis- played, and select “Confirm” using a voice com- mand.

What does that mean ? when I do book transfer it shows the first number there is no option to say prev or next it just shows the number/name and it wants a voice command to associate with the number.......

I think the Lexus owners manual is confusing because it mixes instructions on using voice commands with instructions for using the knob.

Maybe it would help, at least for now, to ignor all owners manual instructions for using voice commands and to use only the knob.

So ... after you send the address book entry from your phone, turn the knob until you find the the address book entry on the car's display. After you have found the entry on your car's display, press the knob to "confirm".

I hope you are successful!

in the manual page 388

I think the Lexus owners manual is confusing because it mixes instructions on using voice commands with instructions for using the knob.

Maybe it would help, at least for now, to ignor all owners manual instructions for using voice commands and to use only the knob.

So ... after you send the address book entry from your phone, turn the knob until you find the the address book entry on the car's display. After you have found the entry on your car's display, press the knob to "confirm".

I hope you are successful!

Thanks,

Thats the thing when I do confirm, unless I missed a step somewhere, I seems to want a voice command to record it..... and if I do "go back" the entry doesnt save, so the question is this does every single entry needs a voice entry ?

Thanks for your help its a bit frustrating, btw off this topic does audio device have ability to not autoplay when it connects ?

Also way way way off topic, maybe its just me I`m coming from 2004 RX330 and 2000 ES300(which I still have) and the ride on 2010 RX AWD feels bumpy, I feels stiff I can feel every pothole and every little bump in the road, my 2004 RX drove like a smooth car and this one feels a bit bumpy. Anyone else with this issue or is it just me ?

Same problem here although phones are Sprint branded and are listed as Lexus compatible BT phones. Have tried multiple times to upload "Phonebook" "from phone" and system keeps requesting that I initiate upload and never makes it past that step.

The dealer rep stated that the problem was with the Sprint brand. The rep was unable to upload contacts from the phone(s) after multiple attempts and gave up. After that I just uploaded "by voice"

Same problem here although phones are Sprint branded and are listed as Lexus compatible BT phones. Have tried multiple times to upload "Phonebook" "from phone" and system keeps requesting that I initiate upload and never makes it past that step.

The dealer rep stated that the problem was with the Sprint brand. The rep was unable to upload contacts from the phone(s) after multiple attempts and gave up. After that I just uploaded "by voice"

Great to hear :(, The contacts that I did enter manually dont have names shows "NO NAME" and when they call me just shows the number not the name. I have to say this is the worst bluetooth implementation I seen. Also the dialing from the listen button, why cant you just say "DIAL NAME", you have to go thru " DIAL BY NAME", "NAME", "Confirm" , press button WTF

Great to hear :(, The contacts that I did enter manually dont have names shows "NO NAME" and when they call me just shows the number not the name. I have to say this is the worst bluetooth implementation I seen. Also the dialing from the listen button, why cant you just say "DIAL NAME", you have to go thru " DIAL BY NAME", "NAME", "Confirm" , press button WTF

Ok I think I understand this system is not for storing all of contacts and such, its just to have main few in there. So I guess this is what the issue is. I`ll be adding few main contacts to it and assigning names/voice tag to them and putting them on the speed dial....

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Im having the same problem importing contact from my iPhone. I was wondering if anyone out there has tried purchasing a cheap prepaid phone and importing contacts that way??? I wonder if there are any differences with the new iPhone 4G?

I've tried using the knob but there is no way to type in a name associated with the number you enter. The system seems to only allow you to record a name for the number. I would like to see who is calling me on the display before i answer the phone. Not to mention whenever I call someone it just says "No Name".

Any help or solutions anyone has found with this would be greatly appreciated!

• 3 months later...