Still No Power After Replacing Cat On Gs300

I heard a rattling marble sound coming from underneath my 2002 gs300 and i had massive power loss it the car wouldnt go more than 20 mph. Finally it had gotten to the point where it wouldnt start up. I was told that it was the cat I replaced the cat immediately after replacing the cat I was able to start the car. But still no power car would not go more than 20 mph. Any suggestions?

FYI on my model the cat and the exhaust manifold is one assembly, so there's the exhaust manifold and two cats as one assembly.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard a rattling marble sound coming from underneath my 2002 gs300 and i had massive power loss it the car wouldnt go more than 20 mph. Finally it had gotten to the point where it wouldnt start up. I was told that it was the cat I replaced the cat immediately after replacing the cat I was able to start the car. But still no power car would not go more than 20 mph. Any suggestions?

FYI on my model the cat and the exhaust manifold is one assembly, so there's the exhaust manifold and two cats as one assembly.

Possibly the timing belt has jumped. Put strobe light on #1 cylinder and see if timing is way off.

Sometimes the chunks of cat matrix will make their way down the exhaust system - did anyone think to blow out the exhaust system in reverse before installing the new cat?

• 5 months later...

do u have a check engine light? could be a bad o2 sensor they go bad quickly on these cars i change 2 cost 251 in parts thats wats give wrong readings go to the shop and preforme a delta test on the cat it should be 100degrres hotter at the cat that mean its in working condition then do a back pressure test to see if there is a restriction in ur exhust