Cabin Air Filter

jmel

I just purchased a 1997 ES300 at an auction. The previous owner must have been a pipe smoker, so I am challenged with eliminating the odors in the car.

My first mission was to try to replace the cabin air filter. I was able to locate the cabin air filter through a small opening to the right of the gas pedal. Now that I found it, how do I remove and replace that filter?

Any other ideas on truly eliminating odors without masking with another odor?

Thanks!

I actually had that problem on an old camry. i sprayed it from time to time but i also rode with the vents open. when one smokes in a car sometimes the smell goes through the ventilation and it just stinks up the whole system. it took a while but it eventually left. sorry i cant help with the air filter deal but i figured this might help you too.

I just purchased a 1997 ES300 at an auction. The previous owner must have been a pipe smoker, so I am challenged with eliminating the odors in the car.

My first mission was to try to replace the cabin air filter. I was able to locate the cabin air filter through a small opening to the right of the gas pedal. Now that I found it, how do I remove and replace that filter?

Any other ideas on truly eliminating odors without masking with another odor?

Thanks!

I have had my 97' ES for a couple of months now, and when I went down to the dealership, they told me that the 97's didn't have a cabin filter to replace? Do you know something different? Sounds like you found one next to the foot pedal, but do you happen to know of a replacement part number? I would like to go back and explain this to the dealership if you have it. Thanks!

I have had my 97' ES for a couple of months now, and when I went down to the dealership, they told me that the 97's didn't have a cabin filter to replace? Do you know something different? Sounds like you found one next to the foot pedal, but do you happen to know of a replacement part number? I would like to go back and explain this to the dealership if you have it. Thanks!

Yes, there is a cabin air filter (actually consists of 2 pieces). The part number is 88-880-33020 (don't know if the dashes are included in the number), $57.50 from the dealer parts department.

You have to be a contortionist to get at the opening, but if you get in and take a look, you will see what I mean.

Hopefully, we can figure out how to remove and replace it!

Good Luck!