Headlight Shake

I have a 07 GS350 AWD with the Adaptive Lighting System. The headlights shake when I drive over expansion joints, pot holes and almost any rough pavement. Living in New England these conditions are found on every road. I have the original Dunlop RF tire which I believe is part of my problem. Dealer says every thing is fine. Turing off the system makes no difference. I haven't experience headlight shake since driving a rusted out Volvo in college! Has anyone else experienced this? Will different tires help? Any other suggestions? <_<

I think this is pretty much normal for a car that does not have the projector beams in a fixed position. Because of the parts that make them able to move up, down, and side to side; they will be subject to extra unintentional movements on rough surfaces. My IS has the AFS system and a few times on rough surfaces, usually being a rail road track...I have experienced this. But knowing the characteristics of the system I see that as being normal operation. And as you mentioned getting "softer" tires might help absorb some of the rough terrain of the roads...but I doubt it will help much.

I think this is pretty much normal for a car that does not have the projector beams in a fixed position. Because of the parts that make them able to move up, down, and side to side; they will be subject to extra unintentional movements on rough surfaces. My IS has the AFS system and a few times on rough surfaces, usually being a rail road track...I have experienced this. But knowing the characteristics of the system I see that as being normal operation. And as you mentioned getting "softer" tires might help absorb some of the rough terrain of the roads...but I doubt it will help much.

You may be right. However, the headlights of my RX350 (also adaptive) don't 'jiggle'.

You may be right. However, the headlights of my RX350 (also adaptive) don't 'jiggle'.

Yeah I must admit that the jiggle over expansion joints and normal rough roads seems a little unwarranted. There may be a legit problem with his car. I only have seen it going over VERY uneven roads such as a rail road crossings.

I have a 07 GS350 AWD with the Adaptive Lighting System. The headlights shake when I drive over expansion joints, pot holes and almost any rough pavement. Living in New England these conditions are found on every road. I have the original Dunlop RF tire which I believe is part of my problem. Dealer says every thing is fine. Turing off the system makes no difference. I haven't experience headlight shake since driving a rusted out Volvo in college! Has anyone else experienced this? Will different tires help? Any other suggestions? <_<

I live outside of Boston and travel on really crappy roads sometimes. No shake whatsoever regardless of the AFS begin on or off.

Something ain't right with your set up.

steviej